XJ XJ6 / XJ8 / XJR ( X350 & X358 ) 2003 - 2009

XJ6 LWB Sov TDVi 2007 version - trunk fuse box

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2011, 06:34 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default XJ6 LWB Sov TDVi 2007 version - trunk fuse box

Hi Guys.

Being a busy Chauffeur, I don't want to start ripping the Jag apart to find out the answer here so I thought about putting it back to you. Maybe someone knows the answer.

I have all the TV's etc in the sovereign. The uk is turning digital now and reception is pooey!

I'm going to install a DVB-T unit and wire it direct (hard-wired) to the aux video input on the rear console.

The problem is, I need two power ports (DVB-T rig and twin, powerd twigs) for the rig from the trunk.

Now, the hand book suggests that fuses 1-4 are un-used. The question is, are these fuse points live?

If they are, how should I go about using them? Will I have to acquire terminal links etc or is it going to be a ' feed the wires in and link up to what's there'?

I've been told I look like a spanner before but it's been so long since I've been involved with car repairs, I've forgotten what one looks like so who am I to disagree?

Old 11-19-2011, 03:29 PM
Veteran Member
Received 2,430 Likes on 1,940 Posts

Now, the hand book suggests that fuses 1-4 are un-used. The question is, are these fuse points live?
I think it is very unlikely these will be powered, as each fuse has a pair of function wires to each fuse position. Trouble with modern cars is they have very sophisticated wiring and control systems making adding extras much more difficult, but I am sure others will soon be here to explain how to do the job you describe.

The following users liked this post:
Deluxe (11-20-2011)
Old 11-19-2011, 05:24 PM
Banned
Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts

Find a place that does aftermarket sound systems. They deal with that alot.

Deluxe (11-20-2011)
Old 11-20-2011, 09:50 AM

Originally Posted by Fraser Mitchell
I think it is very unlikely these will be powered, as each fuse has a pair of function wires to each fuse position. Trouble with modern cars is they have very sophisticated wiring and control systems making adding extras much more difficult, but I am sure others will soon be here to explain how to do the job you describe.
Do you think I'll be better off just splicing into another live feed and if I do this, will it hurt the car in any way?

Old 11-20-2011, 03:53 PM
Veteran Member
Received 2,430 Likes on 1,940 Posts

The problem with modern cars is the fault detection electronics. Splicing in a wire into an existing live feed to feed another component alters the current that could be drawn on the circuit, and could, (note could) cause a control unit to think something is wrong.

However, I may be wrong, so wait and see if any autoelectricians or Jag techs post

Deluxe (11-20-2011)
Old 11-20-2011, 06:45 PM
Veteran Member
Received 9,005 Likes on 4,113 Posts

Name:  car01.jpg
Views: 104
Size:  19.3 KB

sorry I can't help Deluxe, but you may have been better to ask this in the audio / visual elcectronics section for better responses

Old 11-28-2011, 05:40 PM

here's my latest up-date for this prob:-

I was a bit miffed that Jag isn't doing an update for the in-car TVs so I looked up TATA and addressed an email to the Chairman.

That was on tuesday 22nd Nov 2011.

On the following Friday I got a telephone call from an Indian lady telling me my email had been received and action was being taken. "There is no way we will allow a three time Jaguar buyer to be pushed aside", I was told.

Within the hour, I was contacted by Jaguar UK and asked to help by better defining my problem. I did and was told that although there will be no update for the system, my local Jaguar dealer would be in touch shortly and try to help resolve the issue. Jaguar UK said they had visited my site and saw the quality of service I provide and that they would not be happy if I were too change to either (dare I say this), bmw or mercedes (god, that hurt) for the sake of my vehicles not being able to provide a service that others can.

The Northampton showroom sales staff then contacted me within two hours of the initial call and asked for an email defining the problem and any other info that might help Jaguar resolve the issue.

I await a call to invite me and my car in to help put the situation right.

Thanks to you all for your input but in this case, nobody here is either willing to help or simply can't. I won't hold it against you and will continue to help where I can.

I'll update this as and when .....................

Old 03-27-2013, 05:01 AM

Originally Posted by Deluxe
here's my latest up-date for this prob:-

I was a bit miffed that Jag isn't doing an update for the in-car TVs so I looked up TATA and addressed an email to the Chairman.

That was on tuesday 22nd Nov 2011.

On the following Friday I got a telephone call from an Indian lady telling me my email had been received and action was being taken. "There is no way we will allow a three time Jaguar buyer to be pushed aside", I was told.

Within the hour, I was contacted by Jaguar UK and asked to help by better defining my problem. I did and was told that although there will be no update for the system, my local Jaguar dealer would be in touch shortly and try to help resolve the issue. Jaguar UK said they had visited my site and saw the quality of service I provide and that they would not be happy if I were too change to either (dare I say this), bmw or mercedes (god, that hurt) for the sake of my vehicles not being able to provide a service that others can.

The Northampton showroom sales staff then contacted me within two hours of the initial call and asked for an email defining the problem and any other info that might help Jaguar resolve the issue.

I await a call to invite me and my car in to help put the situation right.

Thanks to you all for your input but in this case, nobody here is either willing to help or simply can't. I won't hold it against you and will continue to help where I can.

I'll update this as and when .....................
Any update? I am looking into this as well!

Old 04-01-2013, 06:36 PM

Jaguar northampton couldnt help but they did give me this.

As you stand looking into the boot (trunk) lift the floor panels and just below the right hand side rear light, youll find a black plug with 3 terminals fixed to the rear end bodywork.

1 connection is common earth.
Next 2 connections are switched live and constant live for additionals.

They are safe to use.