XJ XJ6 / XJR6 ( X300 ) 1995-1997

1 Month with Jaguar x300 3.2 sport & many problems

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2017, 03:59 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 1 Month with Jaguar x300 3.2 sport & many problems

Dear friends,

It is my first post in this foro. I'm new into Jaguar's world.

One month ago, i bought the most beautiful car for me from i was child. I'm 29 and i was in love of this car.

I have bought a Jaguar x300 3.2 sport LHD with 200.000 kms.

During this month, i have done 1.700 kms with the car and i have found many many problems:

1- Sometimes when i have running over highway around 80-100kms/h, the car loss power and stalls. I have to stop in the highway and restart engine and car seems work well. It is very dangerous because car dies and i have to looking for a space to stop and restart.

2- Many time, when car is hot, the car stalls in the traffic light where de RPM falls under 500 and stalls. When it occurs, i put in Park and restart and work well, but in the next traffic light, car stalls again.

3- last week when car was climbing the heater hose had a leakage (part MNA6724DB). Goodness i stop in 2 minutes and i could see the water falling. It has been replaced.

4- When car is climbing air conditioning doesn't work. However, air conditioning work normally sometimes.

5- I have seen there is an oil leakage around power steering pump. I can see oil every days falling over the pump where a numbers and letters are engraved over the pump's metal.

6- Screenwasher doesn't work

I have checked with icar diagnosis and give me 2 error code: P1621 and P1333

I'm a little bit jaundiced because i have read a lot of people haven't been able to solve the problem with stalling.

Does anyone know where I should start to treat the problem?

I have thought to resell the car, but it will be a big pity for me.

Thanks!!

Old 08-06-2017, 06:34 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,383 Likes on 1,087 Posts

See page 110 of 360 for Jaguar AJ16 engine codes . The knock sensors ( 2 ) are under the intake manifold on the left side , check connector first . There is probably a metal release clip on it that you depress thumb on . Tug on wires first to see if wires or release clip is engaged . Knock sensors page 87 of 360 . The A/C system has a self test

http://www.jagrepair.com/images/Trai...20-%202000.pdf

https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/x...stions-183829/

Do you have or know someone with an ELM327 engine sensor values as you drive around and see the stalling point values as a recorded graph log , see video about 2 minutes in to see what it can do for you ( 8 dollars free shipping Ebay ). You can post some resulting graphs . The following post is an example of a ELM327 in use on a X300 page 2

https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/x...-184729/page2/

Last edited by Lady Penelope; 08-06-2017 at 07:44 PM.