XJ XJ6 / XJR6 ( X300 ) 1995-1997

96 jag xj6 no crank no beep when i unlock door help

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2016, 08:25 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 96 jag xj6 no crank no beep when i unlock door help

hi guys i have not posted in a long time but i am praying someone can help. battery went dead charged battery. now guess what i went to open door and i get no security beep. here is what i dont get no crank no wipers no turn signal no security when i put key in ignition. has to be some module. did some tests on body process module today most test seemed to pass. im at a loss. i installed a push start button on started and it starts but its not much use if i cant get the other systems going. if anyone can help i really appreciate it. ive tested alll fuses also all ok. thanks also if anyone can give me an idea of what modules the starter has to pass through to engage the starter. that will atleast give me a start point. thanks again

Old 09-06-2016, 07:51 AM

hey guys i was just hoping anyone has ever had this happen to there jag before. i am desperate to get this going. any help is greatly appreciated. thanks again

Old 09-06-2016, 01:09 PM
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Could well be body processor module as I had similar symptoms when mine went west - can't remember all the details

c

Old 09-06-2016, 02:56 PM

ok thanks for the reply. it just seems like it has something to do with the security. but if that module deals with security then maybe. i am going to retest the module but it has no numbers on the 3 connections so im not sure im testing the right ones. i have searched endlessly for a way to test this module. not much info out there. if anyone has any info on testing it out can i get a link that would be great.

Old 09-06-2016, 03:20 PM
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

I just bought a replacement secondhand - sorted the issue

c

Old 09-10-2016, 10:13 AM

well guys there you have it. hope the picture came out ok. want to thank niibbster for replying to my post. he pointed me in the right direction. as you can see the bpm got wet from a terrential rain we had. soon as i took this one apart i knew that was it. also as soon as i plugged in the other one i got the dome light came on so i knew i was in business. thanks again next task security system or atleast get the dang drivers door to unlock. thanks again

Old 09-10-2016, 10:19 AM

ok guys now onto the security. i have searched and searched to try and find a way to check the security module and cant find much. i hear no chirp at all when i open the door. the back drivers side door know goes up and down 3 time so i have to reach back and open drivers back door just to get in car. i reach inside car and unlock knob of drivers side door to get in. i removed the security module by gas filler tube and it looks new. also all wires look good. have not started to test yet. i can live with no security but id like to be able to use the key to open up the drivers door. it just doesnt do it manually. sorry for the lonog post. any help out there with this thanks again

Old 09-10-2016, 11:53 AM
Veteran Member
Received 514 Likes on 366 Posts

I'm not sure if I have understood you correctly, but if one of the door locks cycles three times when you push the button, then I would be inclined to check each of the other doors and the boot to ensure the solenoids are working, and the lock mechanisms free to operate before questioning the module.

Old 09-11-2016, 10:20 AM

sorry countyjag i forgot to mention that i dont have a working remote. i adjusted the door latch and door handle yesterday so when i put the key in and turn it manually opens the door now. so i dont have to reach around to the back pass door to unlock the doorknob. so im very happy about that. i can live without the security system but if it gets worse then i dont want the security system to disable fuel system or other systems. plus it would be nice to have the security. but still when i turn the key to open drivers door the back pass doorknob goes up and down 3 time for some reason. plus the boot button does not work. thats again for the reply i will check all the other lock mechanism to make sure they are free

Old 09-12-2016, 04:45 PM

so guys is there any test for the alarm. surely the alarm doesnt loose its programming just because the battery dies. im at loss as what to do next. thanks in advance

Old 09-12-2016, 05:13 PM
Received 59 Likes on 47 Posts

I have never had your issue, but it seems logical to me that when you change the board/module the programming is not the same anymore because its a different part. If everything is there, only one thing to do is reprogram the fob and test it? But as you said you do not have a working remote. Is it dead or do you need to reprogram it?

Old 09-13-2016, 10:10 AM

hey thanks for the reply. well when i changed the body process module, the security went at the same time as the module so i am assuming that these 2 tie in together somehow. i have to figure that since the bpm went out if affected the security of the system somehow. i dont have the remote for this car. i just use the key but when i put key in drivers door i get no beep. and i know security is not working at all. thanks

Old 09-13-2016, 04:22 PM
Veteran Member
Received 903 Likes on 511 Posts

I've attached a copy of the factory manual for the security system which shows how to conduct some basic tests.

Ideally if you can find an indy that has Jaguar IDS diagnostics there are many of the locking and security signals that can be interrogated with Live Data which makes life much easier.

I seem to recall there have been previous threads where the BPM and Security module have died at the same time after a battery issue. If I get time I'll try and find one or two.

Attached Files
File Type: pdf
09 - SECURITY.pdf (1.63 MB, 127 views)
Old 09-14-2016, 11:36 AM

b1mcp i cant thank you enough. i will check this out and do some test. as soon as it stops raining that is. thanks again

Old 09-15-2016, 11:38 AM

tried a few tests on this but i think i am missing something. the whole system is out and most of the tests are for individual components. if anyone has ever had the security module and body process module go out at the same time i would love to hear if it ever got replaced. i kknow this has to be common. i read an article on justanswer post that some guy had the exact same thing happen to him. he and the jag tech that was helping him was puzzles also. has to be some relation to it.

Old 09-15-2016, 07:02 PM
Veteran Member
Received 903 Likes on 511 Posts

Assuming that you have checked the basics and that the Security module is getting power then it sounds like it's dead.

Here's a thread with a similar scenario - alas no definitive conclusion

https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/x...ilizer-111316/