XJ XJ6 / XJR6 ( X300 ) 1995-1997

Canadian Winter

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2015, 06:11 AM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Canadian Winter

This was the second season for my 96 VDP BRG lwb. After being up the previous winter, I did several things, plugs, new trans fluid and oil, fixed
power steering hoses, new rad and condenser bushing. But the canadian winter is coming fast and the jag is put away as of November 17. From May to November it was my primary drive to and from work and other small day trips. The only hiccup was suspect gasoline on a run to a car meet in ST. Martin's New Brunswick, threw a misfire code, coil on number 1 and 2 are replacement and misfire was no. 1, swapped and code went to no.2. Cleaned plug but the spring on suspect coil seemed not to be making good contact with top of plug. A small stretch and reset of code, it hasn't been back since. The biggest difference was the Monroe shocks and Continental pure contact tires. No tramling as with the season before when I purchase the car, handling is a world different, very stiff for a big car, I kept all 4 original Bilstein shocks, the rear were absolutely shot the bushing for the rear coil where in excellent shape. My dad had a 69 Chrysler 300, I loved driving that boat, this car however is a whole different breed, I can not say how hard it is to put it away. Sorry for not not posting sooner, but I was busy putting 5500 miles about 8800K. Top speed, I cannot say on grounds that I may incriminate myself, did it effortlessly. This winter, new antenna mast, fix clock, new front bushings top and bottom. I did score not one but two auto dimming mirrors at a local junk yard, a little wiring and testing and new mirror. This car is all original, bought in Connecticut in 2014 with only 68400 miles, is in excellent condition inside and out, people cannot believe how clean under the hood, interior is like factory except now for front seat by wife and I, she loves driving in it. I will be posting some questions so thanks for all help last year. Need a lower front valance, cracked just below drivers fog light, any suggestions on a source would be great. Drat these winters in Canada.

Thanks

James
96 VDP green lwb
Baxters Corner NB