XJ XJ6 / XJR6 ( X300 ) 1995-1997

DriveTribe - XJ Thread

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2016, 10:13 AM
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Default DriveTribe - XJ Thread

Seeing as how many of you are MASSIVE gearheads, I'm sure many of you have been following Clarkson, Hammond, and May over the years and begun watching their new Amazon show The Grand Tour. They have an associated website called "DriveTribe" and it is very cool; basically like a Pinterest or Instagram for cars. You can join different "tribes" (threads, basically) and post your own pictures and comments in relation to what the tribe is about. I started an "XJ" thread this morning, but it won't go live on the site until I "invite" 10 DriveTribe members.

I propose that as many of us on this X351 forum as possible create an account (it's free) and that way we can have another line of communication in complement to this great website. JagForums is great for self-help and Q&A, but DriveTribe would be great to just share photos, comments, and communicate on all the things that we love about our cars. The website is https://drivetribe.com/welcome and you can log in with Facebook, or create an account.

Once you log in, send me your username in a PM on this site so I can invite you and we can get the ball rolling on our tribe! It's an extremely awesome website, and there are a few Jag tribes already out there but nothing yet for the XJ! I'll cross-post this onto the X308 forum and any of the other XJ related forums on this site as well.

Thanks, and I look forward to your PM's so we can get tribing! (Is that a thing?)

Old 12-01-2016, 07:04 PM
Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts

Is Facebook the only way to sign in ?

Old 12-02-2016, 04:50 PM
Veteran Member
Received 672 Likes on 495 Posts

Certainly don't mind contributing to another community if it is useful and entertaining, but we can do all the things listed above .... here. And here it is focused on Jaguars, one-stop-shop!

The downside of joining yet another forum and pulling folks over there is that information gets scattered, and we dilute the membership of what is an admittedly already small community by comparison to larger makes.

Thanks for the invite, and I'll check it out as I'm a big former Top Gear fan, but I like that we have Jaguar make/model information concentrated in this and a couple other forums like Jag-lovers. ...less places to search

Thanks for the tip

Originally Posted by smartobject
Is Facebook the only way to sign in ?
It looks like that is the case, as I couldn't find an alternative at a quick glance, too bad. It is really bad practice to proxy and thus share credentials between sites, albeit exceedingly common because it is easy for the client and the site offloads that responsibility and drives traffic to FB, Twitter, etc. But if one's FB account is compromised, everything proxied to FB is now compromised as well.

Last edited by al_roethlisberger; 12-02-2016 at 05:30 PM.