XJ XJ6 / XJR6 ( X300 ) 1995-1997

no brake or fog lights

Old 06-10-2017, 03:33 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default no brake or fog lights

Hi all I have had to remove the abs control unit on my x300 to have the dreaded dry joints repared .Upon reinstall I have no brake lights or fog lights .I have now replaced the control unit with a known good one but the problem persists .Do the brake circuits run through the milti plug connector to the control unit .? could I have pulled a connection ? Got to have MOT test next week any help appreciated .Hope eveyone is well .
Regards Alec
Should have said no issues with selecting gears so I guess brake light switch is ok

Last edited by ax300; 06-10-2017 at 03:38 AM. Reason: omitted a bit
Old 06-10-2017, 04:38 AM
Veteran Member
Received 902 Likes on 511 Posts

I suspect the lights issue is not related to the ABS unit work.

The common link for fog lights (I'm assuming rear?) and brake lights is the rear Lamp Control module.

First do normal checks of fuses and bulbs, but then you will need to check inputs and outputs for that module (it's in the boot beside the fuse box) and trace the circuits using the electrical diagrams.

Some people have repaired the module (dry solder joints on close inspection) or you may need to replace it if that turns out to be the problem. The modules go for £25-£30 on ebay (care - there are 2 types).

Old 06-10-2017, 05:15 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hi all problem solved.Iassumed the fault was caused by me .But when I removed the RH heelboard carpret cover a 10A fuse fell into the footwell |||| Tightened the holder and replaced the fuse and all is well .I thought my lotus could do peculiar things but I have never known a fuse just to vibrate out
Regards Alec