XJ XJ6 / XJR6 ( X300 ) 1995-1997

stuck in anti theft?

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2015, 04:00 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default stuck in anti theft?

hi first time poster thanks in advance for looking.

I have a 1995 xj6, got in a trade, it had no radio in it just loose wires everywhere
(info might come in handy as u read on) so my gf comes home the other night and says a couple wires fell out from under the car but I tied them up, it was late but i took a quick look under the car, didn't see any wires so I thought hmm no biggie, the next day i went over a small bump and heard and felt a horrible noise
with the car still running, but in park I get out and under the driver side front wheel I see my wiring harness partway under the tire shredded and several things were unplugged by the lights and even the 2 connector things under the fuse box were pulled out, I tie them up as best as possible and drive a half mile to a gas station to further examine my issues, I turn the car off pick up everything I can and tie it away from the tire and get back in the car. I go to start it and all lights and buzzers come on but when I go to turn it over nothing, nothing but some beeps from the middle of the dash area, (anti theft system I'm assuming)
Since then the car was towed home , all wires have been spliced back together and relays / wire junctions all plugged in, went through fuses replaced a few and noticed the alarm fuse in the boot/trunk was missing so I put one in, so now when I lock/unlock the doors I hear the alarm go on or off, but I still get the same beeps from the middle of the dash area when i try to turn it over. I let the battery sit out for 4 days , charged it and reconnected and tried to start it but still the same beeps. I only have a single key only, no push button alarm or anything, just 1 key, Sounds like I'm stuck in theft mode or something. But since I was able to turn the car off from initial wire shredding and the car never died I cant see why it would put me in theft mode. Sorry this was long winded, I was trying to be as detailed as I could,
Any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you

Old 05-17-2015, 09:07 AM
Veteran Member
Received 672 Likes on 495 Posts

What a nightmare, so sorry to hear that happened. The only thing I can say is check and double-check that the harness, connectors and connections to the downstream devices are all repaired, connected properly and not damaged themselves.

Old 05-23-2015, 10:16 AM

ok thank you, tried all that , still seem to be stuck in theft mode, someone told me that there are 2 black wires going to the ignition, and i should disconnect those, but that might be a little above my skills

Old 06-30-2015, 06:10 AM
Default update

hi again, well still cant get it to start, on the instrument cluster below the gauges
it reads "fluid" I've checked all fluids and all levels are fine, I've replaced the bcm, with no change, I've taken out the oil sending unit and cleaned thoroughly,
please any other suggestions before my baby goes to the scrap yard
thank you for reading

Old 07-01-2015, 09:36 AM
Received 47 Likes on 36 Posts

Hi Jagwoez, may i ask where are you from?

Old 07-03-2015, 05:32 AM

Originally Posted by cool
Hi Jagwoez, may i ask where are you from?
victorville ca