XJ XJ6 / XJR6 ( X300 ) 1995-1997

Sunroof part Help!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2017, 05:02 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sunroof part Help!!

I am getting some headliner work done on my 1996 Jaguar XJR. The sunroof panel is off the track right now but the headliner guy says that he will put it back on the track when working on the replacing the headliner. Now he says that all will go well as long as some certain clips are there and intact for the sunroof. Now when he gets it apart and its found out that they are broken the clips, what part number are they so I can get new ones. Anyone have this problem where they ordered new clips and where did you get them. If i can be lead to the part number I should have better chance finding them online. I really appreciate any help that anyone can give me as I'm not quite sure what the part number is or even what kind of clips he is even talking about!!!

Travis O'Gallagher

Old 07-07-2017, 05:28 PM
GGG
Received 16,800 Likes on 12,169 Posts

Here's the relevant extract from JEPC:

Sunroof part Help!!-x300-sunroof.jpg
(click on the image to enlarge it)

Forum Sponsor S N G Barratt is showing stock on HNA1767AA and HNA1766AA.

Graham

Old 07-10-2017, 04:35 PM
Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts

I have great expectations for the forum's future to include a section of CAD files that we can download and use to 3D print some of of the unavailable plastic parts on these cars.

Although, the pieces in the sunroof and "tilt and slide" mechanism should probably be made of stronger plastic than is currently available in 3D printers -- still hoping the technology gets better.