XJ XJ6 / XJR6 ( X300 ) 1995-1997

Suspension advice for '97 XJ6 please..

Old 12-28-2016, 10:52 AM
Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Suspension advice for '97 XJ6 please..

Hello all..
This is my '97 XJ6. I paid a whopping $200 for it in October 2016. I towed it home and replaced the coils, it's been fine ever since. I was thinking about flipping it, but I've used it as my daily and I've kind of fallen for it. It lived most of its life in Phoenix, so the body is very straight and rust free. The interior is mint and everything works.
I commute about 90 miles in it every day and I've noticed that the ride and handling are just not what they should be. I'm pretty sure the suspension needs a complete refresh. Once spring comes, the plan is to get the front end as high as I can off the ground and drop the whole thing out and go through it. Then I'll do the same in the summer for the rear suspension.
My question is this- has anyone found a good source for the various bushings and such that I will need? And, are any of these parts NLA? Having just done the same job to my 83 BMW 6 series, I know that keeping my momentum is important for a job like this and I don't want to be waiting on parts for weeks or months. I'd actually like to start gathering parts now. Thanks in advance.

Attached Thumbnails Suspension advice for '97 XJ6 please..-img_0781.jpg   Suspension advice for '97 XJ6 please..-img_0726.jpg  
Old 01-02-2017, 09:07 PM
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Bushes

Good question. You can either spend $5 aftermarket or $40 oem/ per bush.
The afternarket Uro brand doesn't always hold up too well. Our local Jag mechanic says he uses the Jag bush for the lower rear ( cbc2301)
I'm still debating, made the spring tool and replaced bushes on one side. More to follow...