XJ XJ6 / XJR6 ( X300 ) 1995-1997

Turn indicator lights fault

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2012, 09:20 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Turn indicator lights fault

Hi everyone , I am a new X300 owner and I have what I think is an unusual fault. I have had a look through the forum and have not seen it reported before.
My right turn lights are not working even the dashboard indicator is not functioning. I can hear the blinker clicking under the dash but none of the lights are flashing. The left turn functions correctly, also when I try the hazard lights only the left side are working. I don't think it is a fuse as I have checked what I think is the correct one.
Any suggestions from anyone would be very gratefully received.
Thanks in advance.

Old 09-28-2012, 10:34 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have tried changing out the Combined lamp control module and there is no difference. Sometime the right turn lights flash once and then stop but not consistently. Anyone have any idea where to look next. The left turn lights work exactly as one would expect. Can the flasher unit fail for one side only and if so where is the flasher unit located?
Help please it is driving me insane.
Thanks

Old 09-28-2012, 05:39 PM
Received 10,312 Likes on 6,822 Posts

David,

You appear newish, so welcome to our side.

Have a look at a couple of threads down the list from here and you will spy one from "biffta", with the same issues.

I suggested the multi pin connectors at each corner of the wheel well, and it appears it fixed his and one other.

Soooooo, to save my tired old arthritic joints have a read, i reckon that is where you will find your fault.

Also just to humour the old guy, check that the bulbs (globes) are actually STAMPED 12v, as 24v globes fitted in error will give the same fault. They look the same, just the voltage difference.

Old 02-09-2013, 07:13 AM
Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Daitheboot
Hi everyone , I am a new X300 owner and I have what I think is an unusual fault. I have had a look through the forum and have not seen it reported before.
My right turn lights are not working even the dashboard indicator is not functioning. I can hear the blinker clicking under the dash but none of the lights are flashing. The left turn functions correctly, also when I try the hazard lights only the left side are working. I don't think it is a fuse as I have checked what I think is the correct one.
Any suggestions from anyone would be very gratefully received.
Thanks in advance.
Hi
I was reading the thread on the indicator problem but i can't seem to get to the early threads. Did you solve the problem as my car LH indicators have stopped working. I have tried changing the lamp module and the body processing module which made no difference.
Charlie