XJ XJ8 / XJR ( X308 ) 1997 - 2003

1998 XJR Breaking for parts

Old 07-26-2010, 02:18 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1998 XJR Breaking for parts

I have a 98 XJR that I am breaking for parts. I had a coolant leak from a head gasket get into the bottom end and now she's knocking. I dont have the time to fix her up and I have a 94 XJ6 that i'm now driving.
So..if anyone is in need of anything let me know. Im new to the forums so don't really know how this thing works LOL.
Maybe she can help someone out with a "parts transplant".
Car is in Ontario Canada.

Thanks for looking, the car is in great shape other than the head and the bottom end, interior parts etc are mint.

Old 07-26-2010, 02:33 PM
ud
Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

What color is the rear seat and how good of shape is it in. Looking for an Oatmeal seat for the XJR with perferations and of course in very good to excellent shape.

Old 07-26-2010, 07:50 PM

I'm not sure what you would call the color. Its a very light grey/beige. The car is metalic red, the carpets are charcoal grey (dark). So oatmeal would kinda fit? Anyway as far as what the condition is, i would have to say that it doesn't even look like anyone has sat in them.
They would be excellent for sure. Its just the "oatmeal" that I'm not sure of.
Is there anywhere on the car that the interior colour would be marked?

Let me know.

Thanks for looking

Old 07-26-2010, 08:07 PM
Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

I am looking for two things, the leaper emblem on the drivers side fender, and the front brake cooling ducts both sides.

Also, can you create a garage and post some pics inside and out just for reference?

Old 07-26-2010, 08:53 PM
ud

Ditto on the pics. Would love one of the back seat and possibly the trim code. Possibly someone here can decifer it. Oh yeah and I'm assuming that seat would be heated as well. Not sure if the 98s had that standard or not.

Old 07-26-2010, 09:40 PM

Originally Posted by benebob
Ditto on the pics. Would love one of the back seat and possibly the trim code. Possibly someone here can decifer it. Oh yeah and I'm assuming that seat would be heated as well. Not sure if the 98s had that standard or not.
The 98/99's don't have heated rear seats. That began in 2000 if I'm not mistaken.

Old 07-27-2010, 03:28 PM

The sticker on the door panel says trim: AGD. I don't know what that means or if it helps.
I'll try to get some pics but as I said I'm new to the forums so I don't have any idea as to what you mean by "start a garage".

I have the leaper emblem but don't have the "cooling ducts" for the brakes. I've also had the car posted on kijiji and have already sold some stuff.
Thanks for your patience and for looking.

Old 07-27-2010, 04:02 PM
ud

Is it a heated seat or not? Controls would be right on the center tranny tunnel I would think. Trim code is the same as my 03. As for pics I think there is a place to put pics here but if not you might want to try uploading to www.photobucket.com

Ben

Old 07-27-2010, 04:42 PM

Originally Posted by mdamon69
The sticker on the door panel says trim: AGD. I don't know what that means or if it helps.
I'll try to get some pics but as I said I'm new to the forums so I don't have any idea as to what you mean by "start a garage".

I have the leaper emblem but don't have the "cooling ducts" for the brakes. I've also had the car posted on kijiji and have already sold some stuff.
Thanks for your patience and for looking.

Let me know what you want for the left fender leaper? You can email at rabyland (at) hotmail (dot) com.

Old 07-27-2010, 05:04 PM
Veteran Member
Received 470 Likes on 352 Posts

AGD is OATMEAL I'm pleased to tell you, it is the same as my car!!

Would you be willing to post anything to the UK? I'd like the corner Marker lights to fit to my XJ, It'd be cool to drive the only XJ8 with marker lights!!

Old 07-27-2010, 06:26 PM
Cool

I'll post anything anywhere as long as you guys are willing to pay the shipping hahaha. As far as marker lights to England, no problem. Where abouts in Lancashire are you? I'm from Bury and my dad still lives there so I dont have any worries posting stuff out there. Let me know.

Now as far as seats, i'm glad the colour is a match, I'll have to check if they are heated, I believe there are two buttons on the back of the tunnel console in the back, but i will check. Ive had the car stored for 2 years so i cant remember for sure. They are in really good shape and are "perforated" like you wanted. I took some pics today with my blackberry, not the greatest res? but i"ll see if i can get "photobucket to work".

Leaper emblem, I'll get back to you..i have no idea how much i want for that? do you need the wiring too? there is a plug on the back of the passenger side one, i assume the drivers side is the same? dont even know what its there for LOL....

Old 07-27-2010, 06:53 PM

i went to photobucket and i think this is the link to the pics of the seat.

http://s863.photobucket.com/albums/ab194/mdamon69/

Old 07-27-2010, 07:32 PM
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Parts

Hi, do you still have the sunroof? Where in Ontario are you?

Old 07-27-2010, 08:37 PM

Yes I still have the sunroof, what do you need? Do you just need the panel? Or do you need the controls etc?

Wow between the forums and kijij this car is turning into a full time job. LOL.

As far as where in Ontario goes, the vehicle is in North Bay...no its not snowing yet. Hahaha.
Let me know what ya need. Have a great day.

Old 07-28-2010, 12:58 PM
Veteran Member
Received 470 Likes on 352 Posts

Hello again! I'm near Ormskirk which is 12 miles outside of Liverpool. Funny how it turns out you're a Ex-Pat Brit!! LOL I'd only need the two Orange markers off the front, because I discovered today that red rear markers are illeagal in Europe. So that means I'll have to find another pair for the rear somewhere in the US/Canada. PM me with a price if you can.

By the way the wiring at the rear of the leaper emplems is probably for the side reapeating indicators which aren't fitted to US spec cars.

Ta, Stu.

Old 07-28-2010, 05:15 PM
ud

Drat the seat pattern isn't the same. I guess I'll need to keep searching for that ellusive rear seat for an 03 XJR

Old 07-28-2010, 08:23 PM
Veteran Member
Received 535 Likes on 337 Posts

@mdamon69

Is that a rear sun blind on the shelf behind the rear seats ?

If so is it factory ?

If so, does it go up even though there's the high level brake light and also the Alpine sub ?

How does it attach to the roof ?

(I've never seen a rear sun blind in an XJ before.......) would be very interested if it's a factory part. I'm in the US Nor Cal so not too bad for shipping

Ta

Old 07-28-2010, 08:31 PM

What condition is the driver seat in, and the front door panels? Also, I really need the passenger outside door handle. I have the same color as you both inside and out. Thank you for your time.

JD

Old 07-29-2010, 06:40 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,333 Likes on 1,053 Posts

Hi, if the guy wanting the rear seats isnt interested, I'd like the rear heated seat pad and switches. It'll be on top of the seat squab with cables running through the seat base. It's a case of folding the leather back and easing the pad out with wires. You could post Stu 86's markers in with them as I only live 10 mins away from him, or post to me I'm in Southport, small world eh!?
Cheers'

Old 07-29-2010, 09:30 AM
ud

Originally Posted by Sean B
Hi, if the guy wanting the rear seats isnt interested,
Cheers'
It is all yours to go after.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 1998 XJR Breaking for parts