XJ XJ8 / XJR ( X308 ) 1997 - 2003

2002 X308 Transmissiom problems

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2019, 10:32 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default 2002 X308 Transmissiom problems

I was driving on the freeway when all of a sudden the little red light came on and the car stopped pulling. The engine was still running but no power to the rear wheels. I coasted over to the slow lane, and as I did this, I moved the shifter to neutral, cut the key off, coasted a little bit, and restarted it. I shifted the car back into drive and everything went back to normal. About five minutes later it happened again. This time I was able to pull over out of the travel way. I waited about three minutes with the ignition off and restarted the car again. Everything went back to normal. I was on a thirty minute journey to the doctor. I was about half way when it occurred the first time. The second time I had about five minutes to go. I did my doctor's visit and headed home. The car has 176,000 miles on it. The engine runs fine. The trip was about 28 miles one way. No problems going home. I need to know has anybody else had the same experience. Also I would appreciate any input as to how I should go about solving this problem and the cost of doing so. I am just out side of El Paso, Texas and am relatively new here. If I can find solution here I will. I would like to know if there are any Jaguar Enthusiasts in this area.
Thanks for whatever information and help Anyone can provide.