XJ XJ8 / XJR ( X308 ) 1997 - 2003

Lighting Issue Help (Again) X308

Old 10-02-2015, 06:30 AM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Lighting Issue Help (Again) X308

I have seen various threads, but can't seem to see a resolution for the lighting issue I am having.

Car is a 1998 Jaguar XJ8 (base model) when I bought the car used, all the lights worked with the exception of the fog lights. Changed the bulbs and still nothing. (checked fuses and relay and new switch pack still nothing)

Perhaps a few months later, my real problem cropped up with the rear tail lights not working, license plate lights, center console lights, and side marker lights. The top part of the fog light switch pack won't work either (bottom works and the rear fogs do light up)

I checked every fuse relating to the BPM. I had also located a (used) BPM with same series serial #, and had a mechanic replace it a few days ago. Still no lights.

Getting to be extremely frustrating to me.

The brake lights do work fine, and headlights, blinkers, etc. Just none of the lights described above.

Hopefully someone can point me in the right direction.

Thanks-

Bruce

Old 10-02-2015, 07:23 AM
Veteran Member
Received 857 Likes on 705 Posts

I would pull the steering wheel (Google or search function) and check each wire and post in the multifunction switch -- each of these lights is controlled from that switch, a wire that has lost its connectivity to the soldered post would prohibit its functioning. Check the stickies above for the wiring diagram for your model: it will show you which post.

This presumes you have cleaned the appropriate relay.