XJ XJ8 / XJR ( X308 ) 1997 - 2003

Saving a VDP Supercharged

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2017, 11:42 AM
Received 43 Likes on 32 Posts
Smile Saving a VDP Supercharged

My nephew has had a classic car restoration business for some time, focusing on mainly 50's and 60's American classics. The cars that come out of his shop are gorgeous. About a month ago I got a call from him about a lot of 5 or so Jags in various states he was considering buying. One of the lot was a Vanden Plas Supercharged that had been hit in the rear and pushed into the car in front.

I think it is safe to say he has been bitten by the Jaguar bug. I've always thought of these cars as similar to American classics but with modern underpinnings.

Anyway, he has put the VDP S/C to the rack and shared some pics. See below. He also managed to do the fuel pumps by releasing only the left side fuel tank line - apparently there is enough slack in the right side line to get to the pump.

-Mike

Attached Thumbnails Saving a VDP Supercharged-sv8-1.jpg   Saving a VDP Supercharged-sv8-2.jpg   Saving a VDP Supercharged-sv8-3.jpg   Saving a VDP Supercharged-sv8-4.jpg   Saving a VDP Supercharged-sv8-5.jpg  

Saving a VDP Supercharged-sv8-6.jpg   Saving a VDP Supercharged-sv8-7.jpg   Saving a VDP Supercharged-fuel_tank.jpg  
Old 02-14-2017, 11:54 AM
Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

I have a nearly perfect 2001 VDP body in Anthracite that I am going to be disposing of. It has a salvage title but the only body problem I found was a cracked windshield.

Old 02-14-2017, 12:59 PM
Veteran Member
Received 342 Likes on 296 Posts

Good shot of the tank !