XJ40 ( XJ81 ) 1986 - 1994

anyone know what this is for

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2009, 04:57 PM
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Default anyone know what this is for

hi
was checking in boot today and behind spare wheel cover these were hidden,my guess maybe phone/navigation connectors.
any ideas ladies and gents.
regards Marco

Attached Thumbnails anyone know what this is for-018.jpg   anyone know what this is for-019.jpg  
Old 08-13-2009, 02:49 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,231 Likes on 716 Posts

Just my 10p's worth, but the coax type connector looks very much like after market Telephone. To me. but I'm no expert. Although I believe there are also connectors for a remote CD player somewhere in here.

Old 08-14-2009, 04:33 AM
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

hi translator
was thinking along those lines,have found ms bus 8 pin connector for multi cd changer that i will duly purchase to play my collection of WURZELS now on cd format such classics as Ive got a brand new combine harvester and i be a cider drinker pure class!!!!!!!!!
so i think there all connectors for as you mentioned phone of some kind.what make and model probably on God and sunny Jesus will know.
thanks for input any other suggestions always gratefully accepted.
regards marco

Old 08-14-2009, 08:16 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,231 Likes on 716 Posts

If they are phone, then I would hedge towards antique Motorola or Nokia. I have removed quite a few when stripping old Range Rovers in the past.

My advice (for what it's worth) is to leave well alone, behind your spare wheel because they will undoubtably be routed right through the car all the way to the driver.

Another tell tale for the phone theory. Do you have traces of small screw holes in the front foot wells or dash or indeed in the center console, left behind after removal of the handset support?

Good luck with the CD player. Oi be installing one myzelf next week.