XJ40 ( XJ81 ) 1986 - 1994

Getting Old

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2011, 03:41 PM
Received 105 Likes on 93 Posts
Default Getting Old

Here in the northeast of the USA we haven't had many days of dryness nor sun for the day. It has been this way since the winter. I have done numerous bodywork projects on my cars. Small rust bubbles to major open heart surgery. The left side of my Sovereign trunk was rotted through from underneath the lip very badly. A new trunk lid is the correct fix. Until then I figured I would give it ago, I believe some pics are in the body section of the forum. A couple weeks ago I noticed those small rust stains coming through again. I sanded it all down and applied a very neat layer of resin fiberglass. I sanded that down and then used the bondo with a razor blade to fill up and level some of the defects. 4 days pass and this stuff still isn't dry. I parked it in the sun, when we had some. I even used a hair dryer. At this point I am thinking its way to humid here because we can't get a few dry sunny days together. Friday morning around 3:45a, I woke up and made coffee and went out to the garage to see if this stuff dried yet. Nope, I could smear it with my finger. Have you figured out what the problem is yet?

I did this afternoon, I forgot to use the hardener.
I'm gettin old

Old 05-15-2011, 04:22 AM
Veteran Member
Received 637 Likes on 439 Posts

Don't be harsh on yourself, I don't think you're getting old , everyone can forget things that should have not

Old 05-15-2011, 07:31 PM
Received 969 Likes on 642 Posts

What's my name??????