XJ40 ( XJ81 ) 1986 - 1994

I need help!

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2010, 12:44 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Exclamation I need help!

Alright I need some help identifying a radiator hose. My car is at the shop which luckily isn't open on weekends so I can't go ask them what it is.

I found this picture off google and the hose is somewhere down where the arrow is pointing.

The shop was gonna charge me $175 just for the damn hose but I know I can get it cheaper online.

In the picture I'm not pointing to the hose with the red squiggly line on it. It's somewhere under there.

If I remember correctly the guy at the shop was saying it was like some fat hose thats only like 6 inches long if that helps at all.

My car is an 89Xj6 by the way

Attached Thumbnails I need help!-kgkg.jpg  
Old 11-13-2010, 06:15 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Cool

J4G,

I believe that you are pointing to the Hose Air Box-to-Air Flow Meter. If you're in the States, there's one on EBay for $7.00:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...K%3AMEWAX%3AIT

In the interim, I'd tell the mechanic take a walk and seal the gash (if that's what you have) with electrical tape until you get a new one. You can replace it yourself however, it entails removing the air filter assembly and the Mass Airflow Sensor. Not a big job. Be armed with metric bits and you should be all set.

Best of luck!

Old 11-13-2010, 09:57 PM
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

If your referring to the coolant hose that comes off the back side of the pump and hooks into the block underneath the throttle body it's about $27.00 from Jaguar and with a bit of patience can be changed from above in about 30 mins with very basic tools and skill

Old 11-14-2010, 08:18 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks a lot for the help guys. I ended up just buying a full radiator and coolant hose kit and I'm going to get all of them replaced. Probably a good idea I suppose.