Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Center console lid support under the lid

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2017, 02:39 PM
Veteran Member
Received 342 Likes on 268 Posts
Question Center console lid support under the lid

I once saw a "support/brace" that was a piece of wood attached under the lid to keep the lid from moving side to side when arms were placed on the top.

Could just make one out of a piece of wood trim but am interested in the actual part and picture and part number.. or was this made up by another owner??

Old 09-25-2018, 11:12 PM
Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

Sorry fellas, I need to update my settings. I moved to Jonesboro, Ga, just SE of Atlanta. A local guy has one he is parting. I can change out the wire loom if needed with the dented lid. My car is metallic red Carnival red I think they called it.

Old 09-26-2018, 11:12 AM
Veteran Member
Received 2,399 Likes on 1,880 Posts

I would call that "brace" a cleat. In this application, two small ones needed.

I mess around in cabinetry. Messing is about it. Far short of craftsmanship. I rescued a free small kitchen cabinet. Lower particle l board skirt water damaged. I added good wood and made it stable. No fix visible., Alas, no top!! I selected two birch veneer boards I salvaged from an office move. In order to make the move from shop to office easier, I chose to make the top easily installed or removed. Two cleats on the bottom of the top boards not only join them, but locate the in the top opening of the cabinet. Just right? In one way, yes! In another, not so much !! Just another level place to accumulate seldom used stuff !!

Carl