Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Daimler boot dimensions

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2016, 05:11 AM
Received 63 Likes on 29 Posts
Default Daimler boot emblem dimensions

Hi guys,
I wish to buy a new boot Daimler Double Six emblems, but it seems it's not longer available from the Juguar Heritage so i want to order them custom made from to company what i specialized on the thing like this. The only thing what is missing are dimensions of the both logos "Daimler" and "Double Six". Can please someone measure it on their car and provide it here to make it clear for me? Also i'm interested in the thickness of the badge. I will really appreciate that. I will keep you upto date and will provide some photos of the badges when it would be ready.
Thanks

Last edited by Rostman; 11-20-2016 at 05:13 AM.
Old 11-21-2016, 06:42 AM

Sorry. I have named the thread wrong, forget to add "emblem" and don't know how to edit this.

Old 11-21-2016, 09:52 AM
Veteran Member
Received 8,951 Likes on 5,296 Posts

Once you hit POST you can no longer edit the heading.
But you can PM one of the Mods to edit it for you.
(';')

Old 11-24-2016, 04:52 AM

Anyone?

Old 11-24-2016, 07:47 AM
Veteran Member
Received 2,399 Likes on 1,880 Posts

If you can do n o better, I'll "try" to measure the XJ6 badge on the boot of my car. Although, I sure can't verify, it may be the same or so close as to defy any detection. Of course, you will. If that is important, then...
it is a no go.

Replicate in a 3D printer in plastic, then send away for chrome??

Going to visit son and his SO in a bit. Indecisive as to drive the Jaguar or Jeep. Jeep has been hibernating, and we are renewing acquaintance!!

Carl

The following users liked this post:
Rostman (11-24-2016)
Old 11-24-2016, 08:02 AM

Originally Posted by JagCad
If you can do n o better, I'll "try" to measure the XJ6 badge on the boot of my car. Although, I sure can't verify, it may be the same or so close as to defy any detection. Of course, you will. If that is important, then...
it is a no go.

Replicate in a 3D printer in plastic, then send away for chrome??

Going to visit son and his SO in a bit. Indecisive as to drive the Jaguar or Jeep. Jeep has been hibernating, and we are renewing acquaintance!!

Carl
It will be made from stainlles steel, thank polished and covered with black paint in tha place where it must be black.
Thanks for you reaction but i think XJ6 badge is totally different. I have XJ12, H.E., badges e.t.c. but it's totaly different.

Old 11-25-2016, 02:49 PM
Veteran Member
Received 425 Likes on 325 Posts

Seems you aren't getting help from Daimler owners, but if all else fails you could try calculating scale dimensions. You already have an image of the boot lid with emblems in place. It will be a little painstaking, but if you take a hard copy of the image and enlarge it, then measure height and width of the panel plus height and width of the emblems, you will be able to calculate the dimensions of the emblems relative to the panel. Then apply the scale to the full size dimensions of your boot lid. May not be millimeter perfect however it will be very close. The thicknesses would most likely be the same/similar to Jaguar badges.

Last edited by jagent; 11-25-2016 at 04:21 PM. Reason: tech error