XJ6 & XJ12 Series I, II & III 1968-1992
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Engine problems

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2017, 05:27 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Engine problems

Hi everyone! I have a problem with my XJ6 1995 3.2and I知 hoping someone can help. It started with me managing to hit my garagewith my front bumper, which resulted in it falling off. It was a bit of ahassle mounting the bumper back on (I had to fasten the brackets to the bumperfirst, with nuts and washers under the chrome list, and then mount it to thechassis). When the bumper fell of, the wiring was not damaged, I undid the wiringmyself and put them back together after the bumper was back on. The car endedup sitting there for a couple of weeks. When I tried to start the engine afterthis it seemed not to run on all cylinders.. I changed the spark plugs and tried to start the engine again. It did notrun on all cylinders after this either and stopped when revving it. Now theengine won稚 start at all. The engine warning light does not turn off when turning the key to starting position. Is this how it should be? I知 thinking it may be a fuel problem (filter orpump maybe). I知 thankful for any suggestions as to what may cause my problem. I知not a mechanic and not at all an expert on jags.

Thanks!

Old 02-07-2017, 06:40 AM
Received 10,286 Likes on 6,807 Posts

Firstly, welcome to the Forum.

When time permits, please do an Intro in the New Members Area.

Your 1995 XJ6 is known as an X300 in Jaguar talk.

A quickie repost in the X300 Tech Section will get the answers you need.

Old 02-07-2017, 06:46 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks! I couldn't find the x300 forum, but I did find it now. I will post it there

Thanks again.

The following users liked this post:
Grant Francis (02-07-2017)