XJ6 & XJ12 Series I, II & III 1968-1992
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Member with a Barn Find...

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2014, 01:11 PM
Received 35 Likes on 26 Posts

Reading what Fraser wrote reminded me of something else. If you decide to try to get her running, the beauty of a lot of those electrical components is they were made well and switches/relays can be disassembled and cleaned, rather than replaced. Obviously there are exceptions, but a lot of my dash switches were so nasty they wouldn't complete the circuit, but after a light brushing, they work great! one or two relays under the hood got the same treatment. I'd be sure to add electrical grease when finished, but it beats buying new stuff if you don't have to! Some of the old Lucas electrical stuff was built very well.

Old 07-12-2014, 12:50 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey guys, I appreciate ALL the help and advice Ive gotten here. I just put up the first ad on my local craigslist.

1971 Jaguar XJ6 **BARN FIND**

Itll be up on ebay and some other sites shortly, I just feel that I dont have the love that this car deserves. Hopefully the classifieds here arent post limited because Id really hope an enthusiast gets this car.

-Webb

Old 08-18-2014, 04:13 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey All, I figured as into it as the vintage xj's as you guys seem to be youve all seen this already but shes up on ebay. Ends tonight..

Jaguar XJ6 Barn Find | eBay

Email me for any questions (rhinowebb@gmail) Thanks for the fun guys!!!

-Webb

Old 08-23-2014, 01:13 PM
Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts
Default bit late to this discussion but...

The interior of that car is an exceptional find. The leather looks amazing If the paint is original another huge plus and even if not, boy, it looks really good for its age. That car looks better than mine and people stop and take pics of my car all the time. My sense is the Series I is becoming rare.

That engine bay looks worrisome though b/c that rust will be other places surely? I'm amazed at the difference between the cosmetics of the car and that engine bay.

I'm really responding though b/c of the suggestion that the engine might be from a Ser II. That engine layout is original to emission style SER I engines required by the US market (not the triple carbies, of course, but the black airflow over the engine etc. is original, I'm pretty sure).

I'd say that car is a real treat and would be well worth the effort and money for a real enthusiast.