Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

S2 carbon canister and anti run on valve

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2016, 01:51 PM
Received 31 Likes on 19 Posts
Default S2 carbon canister and anti run on valve

Hello again,

The previous owner of my coupe removed the carbon canister and anti run on valve. I got a canister and bracket from an S1 and modified the bracket to fit the S2. S1 canister is on left side, S2 is on the right. I turned the bracket "inside out" with a hack saw and a welder. I have it all in place but am not sure of the connections.

The PO left the short pieces of steel tube that were mounted in the fender which gave me a clue. The carbon canister markings on top are marked C, P and T. C is closest to the fender wall and T is furthest. I hooked the T connection to a line that heads to the rear of the car. I'm assuming that is a tank vent? The P connection I hooked to a 3/8th steel tube that pokes through the fender. I hooked the end poking through the fender to a oil breather pipe connection that was previously capped. The C connection I hooked to a second 3/8th steel tube poking thru the fender. I hooked the other end of that tube to a 3/8th nipple on the lower left backside of the air cleaner backing plate which had nothing connected to it. The next thing I did was mount a new anti run valve on to the inner fender. The connections for 2 of the three anti run on valve connections is obvious. The last one is a mystery. Here's a snapshot

Any body know where this goes to? Did I hook up the canister correctly?

Thanks,

Steve

Old 12-10-2016, 09:30 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Carbon canister

what year is it

Old 12-11-2016, 07:36 AM
Received 31 Likes on 19 Posts

OOPs! sorry, probably a good idea to include the year... Its a '76

Thanks,

Steve