Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Series 1 XJ wiper motor, cable and park switch

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2016, 05:33 PM
Veteran Member
Received 342 Likes on 268 Posts
Default Series 1 XJ wiper motor, cable and park switch

Took mine out again today as it works very slow... had a "clicking" sound that happens once every complete revolution of the wiper arms.

Found out the park switch on the side of the motor has a plastic pin that is spring loaded and it supposed to retract in and out.. mine is bent so bad
it will not come out after being pushed inward. That is causing the clicking sound.

There does not appear to be new wiper motors, park switches or much for the 1971 Series 1 XJ wiper. The first photo is the motor with the numbers (75639B) showing and the second one is plastic park switch.

Does anyone have a good working used motor and switch (even with the cable still attached)? I could get the motor rebuilt locally but finding a good working park switch is the biggest concern.

I have "heard" that the motor from a 420G fits a XJ and works???

Attached Thumbnails Series 1 XJ wiper motor, cable and park switch-imag1932.jpg   Series 1 XJ wiper motor, cable and park switch-imag1933.jpg  

Last edited by Roger Mabry; 04-10-2016 at 05:36 PM.
The following users liked this post:
baudrate (09-26-2019)
Old 04-11-2016, 07:38 PM
Veteran Member
Received 342 Likes on 268 Posts
Default 420G wiper motor is different

Found a new S1 wiper motor for ONLY $350.00 and a new park switch for
ONLY $107.00 locally... will pass while looking for used/rebuilt stuff.

It is a Lucas 16W motor and they were not used in many cars... emailed the UK today about doing a rebuild on my motor with a new switch...

Originally Posted by Roger Mabry
Took mine out again today as it works very slow... had a "clicking" sound that happens once every complete revolution of the wiper arms.

Found out the park switch on the side of the motor has a plastic pin that is spring loaded and it supposed to retract in and out.. mine is bent so bad
it will not come out after being pushed inward. That is causing the clicking sound.

There does not appear to be new wiper motors, park switches or much for the 1971 Series 1 XJ wiper. The first photo is the motor with the numbers (75639B) showing and the second one is plastic park switch.

Does anyone have a good working used motor and switch (even with the cable still attached)? I could get the motor rebuilt locally but finding a good working park switch is the biggest concern.

I have "heard" that the motor from a 420G fits a XJ and works???

The following users liked this post:
NathanDD6 (04-24-2016)