Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Side trim?! I need it!

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2017, 03:02 PM
Veteran Member
Received 8,953 Likes on 5,297 Posts

Hello, Nick,
Your experience is exactly why I Never take any of my cars to car washes. Yours isn't the first experience I've heard of things falling/torn off someone's car. If you email David Bodger at everydayxk.com you might find the part you need.

If you want more performance from the XK engine I can't help you with that as my car came to me with already increased performance in the form of a Chevy 350.

Also, as you're new to this site, you might want to stop by the Introduction Section here:
https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/n...-intro-must-5/
and introduce yourself.

Welcome to our playpen from ElinorB.
(';')

Old 11-26-2017, 07:37 AM
Veteran Member
Received 2,399 Likes on 1,880 Posts

I think Nick's car is actually anXJ40. Powered by a much more advanced DOHC.

And, the end piece is part of a messy item installed by dealers. Do help if one parks along careless door handlers that create door rash.

Some glued in place, good removal more feasible. Others pop riveted. Not good.

When my car was down I negotiated for one of these. Nice car, except for the bad door rash. Icey cold AC!! PO and I could not come to terms

In my former career, I was "shanghaied" into investigating a "door rash" claim !! My client's insured lived in an upscale SF condo. Had as assigned parking place. The guy with the assigned place on the driver side accused him of "careless door handling" and a sever rash on his up scale car. Each was up scale!! Which, I forgot.

I devised a method to compare contact points. A yard stick and my trusty tape measure. I created to scale drawings. Yup, he did it.....

Carl