XJS ( X27 ) 1975 - 1996 3.6 4.0 5.3 6.0

1994 Jaguar XJS Convertible ski slope insert for Left hand drive cigar lighter

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2017, 11:25 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default 1994 Jaguar XJS Convertible ski slope insert for Left hand drive cigar lighter

Hi, does anyone know where i can get an insert to replace the cigar lighter insert in my 1994 Left Hand drive Jaugar XJS convertible ski slope? The one i have is cracked. The only ones i find on ebay are for the right hand drive ski slope. I don't smoke so I really don't need the whole cigar lighter insert assembly. I would really like to have some kind of Jaguar emblem insert that would fit there in its place. I have searched everywhere i know of and was told the left hand driver and right hand drive bezels are different. Any ideas? Thanks, Bob.

Old 09-25-2017, 01:54 AM
Veteran Member
Received 3,052 Likes on 2,030 Posts

They are different. Usually there is cruise nearest to the driver and the cigar lighter on the passenger side. If you look at the bezel, the side toward the shifter is straight and the side that faces toward the occupant is sloped. The side that each switch was on changed for RHD and LHD, so cruise would be on the left side for a LHD car and the right for a RHD car.

Not all markets got cruise (or it was an option), so there was a filler piece for no cruise equipped cars. It came in both left and right versions, the right is NLA now. It's part number BEC15276PDA. The left side insert is still available as part number BEC15277PDA.

I thought you could switch the cruise to the other side and then use the available insert, but the RH cruise switch is also now NLA, it's part number BEC15274PDA. If you want to replace your left side cruise switch it is available and is BEC15275PDA.

All that being said, a quick google of the part number turns this up: https://www.jaguarpartsunlimited.com...em-bec15276pda

Usually if a part is discontinued they say, so you might be able to get one.

Old 09-25-2017, 12:29 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks for the links. I ordered the right side insert 5276. Any idea where to get the actual cat insert for the cut out? I think I found one on google but it is a sticker that looks to be shaped the same as the cut out in the insert I purchased. Is there an actual insert that fits in the cut out or only the decal. Thanks, Bob.

Old 09-25-2017, 02:15 PM
Veteran Member
Received 3,052 Likes on 2,030 Posts

It's described as "badged insert" and no seperate part number for the cat's face, so I assume it should come as one?
https://www.jaguarclassicparts.com/u...-console-ambla

If it is just a plastic insert, it looks like the same decal as is on the rear console extension finisher on an XJ40. Part number BBC8972
https://www.jaguarclassicparts.com/u...n-and-fittings