XJS ( X27 ) 1975 - 1996 3.6 4.0 5.3 6.0

Finished interior refurb -what do you guy's think ?

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2012, 07:04 PM
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Finished interior refurb -what do you guy's think ?

Finally finished the interior refurb on the Jag ....whatcha think ?
Think I'll be springing for a carpet soon ......thought it was alright , til I replaced everything else ........

Attached Thumbnails Finished interior refurb -what do you guy's think ?-jsguar-003.jpg   Finished interior refurb -what do you guy's think ?-jsguar-005.jpg   Finished interior refurb -what do you guy's think ?-jsguar-006.jpg   Finished interior refurb -what do you guy's think ?-jsguar-008.jpg   Finished interior refurb -what do you guy's think ?-jsguar-007.jpg  

Last edited by magredvet; 10-12-2012 at 07:50 PM.
Old 10-12-2012, 07:40 PM
Veteran Member
Received 189 Likes on 160 Posts

Looks good! Did you do it yourself?

Old 10-12-2012, 07:47 PM
Received 6,253 Likes on 5,453 Posts

+1 looking good.

Old 10-12-2012, 07:48 PM

Thanks !, did all the wood myself (thanks Thomas for the SRS panel instructions), removed the seats and had the Autoberry seat covers professionally fitted, and the upholsterer also fixed the rear seat belt covers and rear seat back, which was worn due to the rear window rubbing on it. Now the carpet looks shabby .............Doh ! .........Carpet, then a new top I think, then I'll have WAY much more money in it, than it's worth ........oh well, that's what it's all about eh ................

Old 10-12-2012, 09:32 PM
Veteran Member
Received 10,757 Likes on 7,101 Posts

Looks like a million bucks :-)

Cheers
DD

Old 10-12-2012, 09:59 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Wow, nice!

Old 10-13-2012, 12:16 AM
Veteran Member
Received 2,576 Likes on 1,712 Posts

Looks good - I like the seat colour. I can relate to the money, by the time I have finished I will have about $60k in mine

Old 10-13-2012, 08:56 PM
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Looks really good mate.

Old 10-13-2012, 09:03 PM
Veteran Member
Received 9,005 Likes on 4,113 Posts

Name:  car01.jpg
Views: 65
Size:  19.3 KB

Nice

I had to enlarge the pics and then add them into the body of the post for all to see.......shame on you for adding them as attachments

Old 10-14-2012, 02:47 AM
Per
Received 70 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by magredvet
Thanks !, did all the wood myself (thanks Thomas for the SRS panel instructions), removed the seats and had the Autoberry seat covers professionally fitted, and the upholsterer also fixed the rear seat belt covers and rear seat back, which was worn due to the rear window rubbing on it. Now the carpet looks shabby .............Doh ! .........Carpet, then a new top I think, then I'll have WAY much more money in it, than it's worth ........oh well, that's what it's all about eh ................
OTOH what kind of bespoke car can you have if you try to buy one? Now you will one reflecting your own wishes, not the manufacturers offerings. You are in there with the Bentley boys :-)

Old 10-14-2012, 03:14 AM
Veteran Member
Received 413 Likes on 311 Posts

Wood looks boss. I would finish it off with the radio surround pieces as well.

The leather of the seats also looks great, but not stretched quite taut enough... a bit lumpy in places, like adipose tissue (cottage cheese thighs). Entirely possible it's the lighting and color combination.

I've said this before and I'll say it again. I have the utmost respect for you guys and gals with the skill to do major repairs and upgrades yourselves.

Looking good!

Old 10-14-2012, 08:55 AM

The leather of the seats also looks great, but not stretched quite taut enough... a bit lumpy in places, like adipose tissue (cottage cheese thighs). Entirely possible it's the lighting and color combination.

Well I was concerned about that so I took the advice on the forum and paid to have them professionally installed, and you're right, there are still some area's where it appears 'loose'
The installer says once they heat up in the sun, they'll tighten up .......hmmm we'll see.

Old 10-14-2012, 08:57 AM

Originally Posted by JimC64

Nice

I had to enlarge the pics and then add them into the body of the post for all to see.......shame on you for adding them as attachments

Sorry, I'm a computer dinosaur ..........and couldn't work out how to do that ....

Old 10-14-2012, 03:55 PM
Received 192 Likes on 169 Posts

Looking great!

Doesn't stripping and relacquering that woodwork take ages, took me weeks!!!

Last edited by anjum; 10-14-2012 at 03:57 PM.
Old 10-14-2012, 04:10 PM
Veteran Member
Received 413 Likes on 311 Posts

Hell, I just realized that OP is in Houston... I think there are a few of us here! We need to get together for an adult beverage sometime!

Old 10-14-2012, 05:29 PM
GGG
Received 16,800 Likes on 12,169 Posts

Well I was concerned about that so I took the advice on the forum and paid to have them professionally installed, and you're right, there are still some area's where it appears 'loose'
The installer says once they heat up in the sun, they'll tighten up .......hmmm we'll see.
Looks great.

Careful with the 'heat up in the sun' therapy.

Graham

Old 10-15-2012, 04:47 AM

Originally Posted by Flint Ironstag
Hell, I just realized that OP is in Houston... I think there are a few of us here! We need to get together for an adult beverage sometime!
Well if you're up for it, a couple of us are going to be at the British Expo in Katy on saturday, if you want to stop by. It's at La Centerra, off 99 at Cinco ranch

Old 10-15-2012, 04:48 AM

Originally Posted by anjum
Looking great!

Doesn't stripping and relacquering that woodwork take ages, took me weeks!!!
I cheated and bought 'the whole car set' from Pauls Jag .......

Old 10-15-2012, 01:24 PM
Veteran Member
Received 535 Likes on 337 Posts

Thats good advice. I did mine myself and they were much more lumpy than yours. I was considering ripping them out and starting again, but I put the car in the sun for a few days and I also bought a heat gun to work on the worst parts. If you do this, obviously be careful you don't scorch the seats :-) Mine are now nice and tight.

Your car is looking great...... let us know if you go for a new carpet...... I've priced one at around $600, and for some reason I want a red one (black car, cream interior, red carpet) There are A LOT of pieces to the set so it would be a big job to fit

Old 10-15-2012, 03:01 PM

Originally Posted by Sarc
Thats good advice. I did mine myself and they were much more lumpy than yours. I was considering ripping them out and starting again, but I put the car in the sun for a few days and I also bought a heat gun to work on the worst parts. If you do this, obviously be careful you don't scorch the seats :-) Mine are now nice and tight.

Your car is looking great...... let us know if you go for a new carpet...... I've priced one at around $600, and for some reason I want a red one (black car, cream interior, red carpet) There are A LOT of pieces to the set so it would be a big job to fit
I think the next thing on the agenda is the top, the guy who did my seats, says he'll install a GAHH top and headliner for ~$2000 ......ouch. I can buy the top from Autoberry for $450 + $150 for the headliner, but he wants $800 to fit it. the GAHH comes with a 5 year parts and labor warranty, so I think that's the way I'll go. I looked at World upholstery and trim for the carpets, and I think they want $700 for the set. where did you find the ones for $600 ?.......and I'll be fitting those myself ......

Quick Reply: Finished interior refurb -what do you guy's think ?