XJS ( X27 ) 1975 - 1996 3.6 4.0 5.3 6.0

FPR connection

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2017, 11:51 AM
Veteran Member
Received 580 Likes on 361 Posts
Default FPR connection

Can anyone tell me the B bank tuel pressure regulator connections size, thread?

Im ordering an adjustable FPR and would like to get appropriate connectors to mate with the rail exit line.

Old 07-12-2017, 12:10 AM
Veteran Member
Received 537 Likes on 364 Posts

Originally Posted by JigJag
Can anyone tell me the B bank tuel pressure regulator connections size, thread?

Im ordering an adjustable FPR and would like to get appropriate connectors to mate with the rail exit line.
I also need this info and my car is in the shop so I can't find out for myself, what pressure(s) do you intend to use and why? I've wondered if upping the pressure abit would help.

Old 07-12-2017, 06:18 AM
Veteran Member
Received 580 Likes on 361 Posts

Originally Posted by VancouverXJ6
I also need this info and my car is in the shop so I can't find out for myself, what pressure(s) do you intend to use and why? I've wondered if upping the pressure abit would help.
I located my old OEM FPR. I'll be taking it to the hardware store today and I'll let you know the fitting size.

Ill be using the the new FPR to reduce my fuel pressure. The Bosch replacement I have runs higher than spec which was discussed at length and determined to be 36.25 psi without vacuum reference.

Adjusting my ECU idle WAY leaner has improved a poor idle that nothing else I've done could help. I'm hopeful that correcting fuel pressures downward will allow a normal idle adj setting and even better idle quality.

What issue are you trying to address that you feel more pressure may help?