XJS ( X27 ) 1975 - 1996 3.6 4.0 5.3 6.0

Hello - I am a "newbie" in possession of a 1993 XJS

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2015, 06:49 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Post Hello - I am a "newbie" in possession of a 1993 XJS

Hello everyone,
I am new on the forum and I need a helping hand. I own a 1993 XJS purple in color with creme interior color. The car originally belonged to my late husband and I have been driving it for a good ten years, now. He gave me car because after he bought it, I told him the color made him look like he was "light in his loafers" Hahahaha - Needles to say, he threw me the keys and said, "It's yours." And this was all before we were even married - what a nice guy.

Seriously, I cannot open my glove box. Perhaps there is something jammed in the lock, but I cannot open it for the life of me. Anyone have a clue, as to how I can open this sucker. It used to work just fine and then one day I could unlock it. HELP!!!

The following users liked this post:
orangeblossom (08-18-2015)
Old 08-18-2015, 02:01 AM
GGG
Received 16,761 Likes on 12,150 Posts

Welcome to the forum Venicementor,

I've moved your question from New Member Area - Intro a MUST to XJS forum.

Members here with the same model will be able to help.

Graham

Old 08-18-2015, 04:33 AM
Veteran Member
Received 3,740 Likes on 2,593 Posts

Originally Posted by Venicementor
Hello everyone,
I am new on the forum and I need a helping hand. I own a 1993 XJS purple in color with creme interior color. The car originally belonged to my late husband and I have been driving it for a good ten years, now. He gave me car because after he bought it, I told him the color made him look like he was "light in his loafers" Hahahaha - Needles to say, he threw me the keys and said, "It's yours." And this was all before we were even married - what a nice guy.

Seriously, I cannot open my glove box. Perhaps there is something jammed in the lock, but I cannot open it for the life of me. Anyone have a clue, as to how I can open this sucker. It used to work just fine and then one day I could unlock it. HELP!!!
Hi Welcome to the Forum.

It sounds like your Car could be Morroco Red with a Cream Hide Interior.

In which case that is a nice combo.

Old 08-18-2015, 04:56 AM
Received 49 Likes on 27 Posts

Hello everyone,

I'm a big fan of aerosol graphite made specificaly for lock lubrication. I use it on all my car and house doors. A word of warning, it is really messy so use a rag around the lock as you spray into it. Don't want to get it on your fine leather. Good luck!

Old 08-18-2015, 09:53 AM
JLG
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Hello - and good luck fixing your issue. I found this forum thread which may be of some assistance:

https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/x...-closed-51038/

Take care...Jerry

Old 08-18-2015, 09:54 AM
Received 313 Likes on 205 Posts

Hello everyone,
Did you use the key to lock the glove box? Have you tried to use the key to unlock it?

Using the key to unlock should also turn the knob.

Does the knob turn at all?

Mark