XJS ( X27 ) 1975 - 1996 3.6 4.0 5.3 6.0

Interest in Reproduction Headliner Board/Biscuit

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2013, 08:31 PM
Received 54 Likes on 29 Posts

Sorry that I haven't been on the board for a while to give an update.

I am currently in the throes of moving. We are supposed to close next week, pending the appraisal results. Have been moving the garage piece by piece. Projects are mostly on hold for the next few weeks while I continue to use every bit of spare time I have to make some repairs mandated by the sales contract and move things into the new digs, or in some cases into temporary storage.

My wife assured me that we needed to go ahead and list the house now because it would "take at least 6 months to sell" in the current market. Damn thing sold in 1 month--bringing a screeching halt to any progress I was making on a couple key projects. I guess I should be glad, but 3 years after I bought my car, I'm ready to actually drive it.

The shop idea fell through, btw, as their initial estimate to finish the board went up, so it's me trying to finish it after all.

Old 06-11-2013, 08:37 PM
Received 297 Likes on 189 Posts

Take your time. I'm still interested, but, my wife has been in the police academy for the past 2 months, and it seems that, in that time, everything I own has broken, & needs repaired or replaced, so I'm quite broke right now.

Old 06-12-2013, 09:57 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Gee, and here I thought I was the only one with stuff going on outside the Jag.. I do know how much fun moving can be so no worries mate.

Marty....................

Old 07-10-2013, 07:20 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I would be intrested buying a headliner shell as well.

Old 08-26-2013, 01:14 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 88 XJS Headliner

Well it just so happens that I will need a headliner. mine broke when I was taking out of the car. I have the biscut fabric & a broken headliner. It looks like the original is compressed fiberglass. mine got wet (don't ask) and is ruined. I'm thinking about taking the pieces and making a fiberglass back and piece it back together. I don't know, just a thought.

If anyone knows where to get the headliner, in the US let me know;

Thanx
Mark
'88 XJS
'02 XJR-100

Old 08-30-2013, 11:08 AM

Hey Spyhunter2k

How did the move go? Having been throught that way too many times I am sure you found more stuff than you had any clue you owned. Any chance you have been able to get back to the headliner? Inquiring minds wanna know........ Anyway, hope all is well.

Marty......................

Old 08-31-2013, 10:32 PM

Hi all. Still here. Move went fine, but the headliner board's been in storage since the move. I had kind of stopped all other work on the car to work on that, and nothing else was getting done, so I decided to leave it there for a bit and try to make some progress on a couple other fronts—fixing the water leak into the cabin, doing some body work, fixing a couple electrical bugs. I hope to have those things wrapped up in a couple weeks. Hard to believe that it's been three years now I bought this "almost ready" car and have been fixing it up...

Old 11-21-2013, 06:20 PM

Originally Posted by Spyhunter2k
Hi all. Still here. Move went fine, but the headliner board's been in storage since the move. I had kind of stopped all other work on the car to work on that, and nothing else was getting done, so I decided to leave it there for a bit and try to make some progress on a couple other fronts—fixing the water leak into the cabin, doing some body work, fixing a couple electrical bugs. I hope to have those things wrapped up in a couple weeks. Hard to believe that it's been three years now I bought this "almost ready" car and have been fixing it up...

Figured it was time to rattle yer cage again..... Had an opportunity to do any more with the headliner? Just figured I would ask..

Old 11-23-2013, 03:39 PM

Originally Posted by MartySchwartz
Figured it was time to rattle yer cage again..... Had an opportunity to do any more with the headliner? Just figured I would ask..

Hey Marty. Lots of changes lately, not the least of which is my moving to South American (Ecuador) in February for at least one year. I want to finish the Jag before then so that I can either sell it or store it as a whole car (as opposed to many large pieces) but I'm not sure I can pull it off by then. I'll know for sure sometime before February 3 (day we fly out).

Old 11-26-2013, 04:54 PM

Originally Posted by Spyhunter2k
Hey Marty. Lots of changes lately, not the least of which is my moving to South American (Ecuador) in February for at least one year. I want to finish the Jag before then so that I can either sell it or store it as a whole car (as opposed to many large pieces) but I'm not sure I can pull it off by then. I'll know for sure sometime before February 3 (day we fly out).
WOW, did not see THAT coming. So what the heck are you gonna do down in the land of warm? Guess I need to start looking for another source for a headliner...... Best of luck man!

Marty..................

Old 12-02-2013, 08:10 AM

We'll mostly be involved in a preaching work we do. Will still work part-time and do side consulting to make ends meet. Will likely keep the Jag and work on it during my return visits to the States.

Old 10-21-2014, 03:13 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

HI i could use a headliner board HELP PLEASE>

Old 10-21-2014, 10:29 PM
Veteran Member
Received 693 Likes on 562 Posts

how is yours damaged?

Old 10-22-2014, 08:34 AM

its bad. can you help me please.

Old 10-22-2014, 08:39 AM

someone tried to put the liner on without taking it out of the car and the edger are broken I try to take it to a shop in samta maria .but that didn't go over so well.

Old 10-22-2014, 11:50 AM
Veteran Member
Received 693 Likes on 562 Posts

What a bloody mess that must have made inside the car.All you have to do is open the passenger door all the way and folder the seat completely up (despite jaguars claims that the windshield has to be removed.)

You may want to look around town to see if there are any car upholstery shops or the like, All the corners broke off of mine because it was so dry, but I fiberglassed the corners back up, using the shape and pieces I had. Worked fine.
went to joanns and put in some new headliner material and its been fine ever since.

there are places that sell them if cost isn't too big a deal like here

the only ones I know of are in the UK, so look there. You may have to search until you find a source willing to ship it overseas and who will work with you to ship it properly so it doesn't get damaged.

Old 10-23-2014, 10:12 AM

Good morning Thank you .I did try that place but they wont send it to this adders . Iam working on it thank you ,if you hear of anything please let me know .

Old 10-23-2014, 12:19 PM
Veteran Member
Received 576 Likes on 475 Posts

I have a mould to make the headlinings have done for years, I will make you one for £75 but the delivery could be expensive, it will not be covered just trimmed that will be up to you...... Let me know if you want one