XJS ( X27 ) 1975 - 1996 3.6 4.0 5.3 6.0

Jaguar XJ/SC Hess & Eisenhart Tegra Convertible two seater 1985

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2017, 06:23 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Jaguar XJ/SC Hess & Eisenhart Tegra Convertible two seater 1985

Hi

I have just joined the forum today as I have acquired a 32 year old Jaguar XJ/SC Hess & Eisenhart Tegra Convertible two seater 1985 in light green with A 3590cc Engine. it has had one previous owner and has only covered 28k in its life time. It has been in storage most of its life and it starts and runs and stops as it should, but it needs a service also due to been stored the clutch is very high and some times stops working.

The car is amazing every button works it has the original stereo, jaguar tool kit that looks like it has never been opened. The car is completely solid and looks as it did new both inside and out, just smells a little of rotten air inside as its been closed up for years.

I have no idea of the value or rarity of the vehicle or if this one is worth more or less then the later 4 seater full roof convertibles that are far more common.

The car also needs an MOT does anyone know a specalist near clitheroe who could help me sort out this vehicle.

I have never owned a classic car before and I have no ability to work on the car myself, I do believe this car maybe very specal due to its condition and style.

Could anyone who knows a bit about these vehicle please give me any info you think may give me a better understanding of the car.

Thanks

Mark

Old 05-13-2017, 11:22 AM
Veteran Member
Received 814 Likes on 515 Posts

Congratulations on the new acquisition.

I think it is unlikely that the car is a Hess & Eisenhardt conversion, and more likely to be a Jaguar factory-build Cabriolet known as the XJ-SC. Jaguar made approximately 3,800 of the XJ-SC, so they are rarer than the full convertible.

IIRC, Hess & Eisenhardt didn't start doing any XJS conversions until 1986, and all of those were for you the U.S. market and V-12 engined.

Old 05-13-2017, 02:32 PM
Received 121 Likes on 89 Posts

Let's see some pictures :-)

Old 05-14-2017, 06:16 AM
Received 201 Likes on 132 Posts

the xjs soft tops site can help out. register membership (free) and when you give them the vin they can give some background on the car Welcome to the XJS Soft Tops website - XJS Soft-tops. Lawrence, who runs it is also on this forum, if he sees this he may chime in