XJS ( X27 ) 1975 - 1996 3.6 4.0 5.3 6.0

Rear Radius Arms

Old 11-17-2017, 12:10 PM
Received 141 Likes on 113 Posts
Default Rear Radius Arms

The large front bushing in the rear radius arms have the slot positioned front and rear on suspensions not including the sport pack. I am installing the rear sway bar and new radius arms. How much handling improvement is noticed with the bushing slots rotated 90 degrees as in the sport suspension option. Also does that transmit too much road feel into the body of the car?

Old 11-17-2017, 02:07 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,122 Likes on 730 Posts

Originally Posted by RonaldP
The large front bushing in the rear radius arms have the slot positioned front and rear on suspensions not including the sport pack. I am installing the rear sway bar and new radius arms. How much handling improvement is noticed with the bushing slots rotated 90 degrees as in the sport suspension option. Also does that transmit too much road feel into the body of the car?
In isolation l don't think you would even be aware of it being one way or the other.
My xjrs has the "less compliant" orientation of the bushes but that is complimented by many other changes which combined to give what l consider tighter and more precise handling over a stock xjs.

Old 11-17-2017, 02:26 PM
Received 141 Likes on 113 Posts

I was told all 95 4.0 coupes shipped stateside had the sport suspension. I don't know if that is correct or not. I am going to replace all the shocks (Bilstein Maybe) and add the rear sway bar along with all new bushes up front some in the rear. I want to find a larger front sway bar to offset the over steer the rear bar adds if you keep the stock front bar.