XJS ( X27 ) 1975 - 1996 3.6 4.0 5.3 6.0

Thanx

Old 09-13-2012, 10:55 AM
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Thanx

Just want to say THANX to everyone who has helped me locate parts, locate hidden part locations :-), and offered valuable advice. Really glad after many years of playing with these cars that I was told about this forum. Can't believe I never knew it existed until recently.
THANX ALL

Old 09-13-2012, 12:59 PM
Veteran Member
Received 535 Likes on 337 Posts

@meeither

Glad we could be of some help.

I am personally going through a rough spot right now with cooling issues and I have used the forum many, many times. Sometimes to get advice, sometimes to vent frustrations, and sometimes just to get encouragement to keep going !! These are very special cars but they do try your patience every once in a week, sorry, I mean while :-)

Old 09-13-2012, 08:12 PM
Veteran Member
Received 9,005 Likes on 4,113 Posts

Name:  car01.jpg
Views: 15
Size:  19.3 KB

Meeither - Nice of you to take the time n trouble to let us all know that we managed to help you.
Really glad we were able to offer some good advice and assistance.

Hope you stick around and help to pay it forward

Sarc - great comments and bang on, thanks!

Old 09-13-2012, 08:29 PM
Veteran Member
Received 413 Likes on 311 Posts

Maybe we'll see you around again - all the best!

Old 09-13-2012, 08:47 PM

Not going anywhere Mate, I like it here!!

Old 09-13-2012, 09:30 PM
Received 34 Likes on 29 Posts
Default Thanks -addendumbed

I've expressed my thanks and kudos on here too, the wealth of experience and willingness to explain and re-explain is great. I've only begun to delve into any more serious routine and preventive maintenance on my big pet kitty, but I'm learning lots.
-I have to vent just a little, regarding the engineering/lack of, and forethought/lack of , in some moves, such as placing 20 or more damn fuses in remote, hidden, obscure places such as under ashtrays beneath the center console(wrapped in covering tape, strapped beneath a wad of wiring)-This was only ONE! Others being up under the dash, needing to stand on your head inside the floor foot pocket...WHY in Heaven's name, could they not have centralized the fuses all in ONE or even TWO fuse blocks, accessible to a person needing less chimpanzee-like arms and motor skills????
-I'm done for now. -Don't hate me, LOL

Old 09-13-2012, 11:02 PM
Veteran Member
Received 10,741 Likes on 7,097 Posts

Heh heh, Jaguar's love affair with hidden fuses IS a bit devilish, isn't it ?

Old Jags are quirky. A mixture of delights and disappointments. Mostly good stuff but the cars were built down to a price so you have some dime-store store to go along with the premium grade things.

There is no bad engineering on a Jaguar. Anything that has the inital appearance of an engineering fault is, in truth, "an interesting design feature". See? It's all a matter of outlook ! :-)

Initially you love old Jags in spite of the faults. Eventually you love 'em because of their faults. I know it sounds a little corny but there IS a certain love-acceptance thing that develops :-)

Cheers
DD

Old 09-15-2012, 06:16 PM
Smile In line fuses :-)

You forgot to mention the gazillions of in line fuses that are hidden everywhere, especially those that are under the console :-)

Originally Posted by gregh
I've expressed my thanks and kudos on here too, the wealth of experience and willingness to explain and re-explain is great. I've only begun to delve into any more serious routine and preventive maintenance on my big pet kitty, but I'm learning lots.
-I have to vent just a little, regarding the engineering/lack of, and forethought/lack of , in some moves, such as placing 20 or more damn fuses in remote, hidden, obscure places such as under ashtrays beneath the center console(wrapped in covering tape, strapped beneath a wad of wiring)-This was only ONE! Others being up under the dash, needing to stand on your head inside the floor foot pocket...WHY in Heaven's name, could they not have centralized the fuses all in ONE or even TWO fuse blocks, accessible to a person needing less chimpanzee-like arms and motor skills????
-I'm done for now. -Don't hate me, LOL