XJS ( X27 ) 1975 - 1996 3.6 4.0 5.3 6.0

V12 fuel injector ferrule and O rings

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2016, 02:15 PM
Received 78 Likes on 63 Posts
Default V12 fuel injector ferrule and O rings

Hey guys, I'm replacing all fuel lines on the XJ12 and having a hard time getting the ferrules off the hose end. I've tried slicing the injector hoses with a blade and using a soldering iron to burn it off. The problem is that the hoses are so baked and brittle, so everything EXCEPT the small part of the hose that is under the ferrule burns off. See pic.

Perhaps this is because I need a hotter soldering iron but sticking the tip of the iron lengthwise (ie, perpendicular to the cross section of the hose) does not make much impact. I got one of them off by using a map gas torch and burning alway the little ring of hose left under the ferrule, but I cannot use that technique on the injectors

Any suggestions?

Any suppliers for the ferrules and the fuel injector O rings, pintle caps etc? I've got a local source that does ultrasonic injector cleaning

For those in the Dallas / Texas area, any suggestions for hydraulic hose shops that would rebuild the fuel lines would be welcome

Thanks

Old 03-28-2016, 04:19 PM
Received 313 Likes on 205 Posts

I buy all of my fuel injector supplies from Jaguar Fuel Injector Service.

Jaguar Fuel Injector Service

They have almost anything you need at reasonable prices.

Send an email to "SD". He is very knowledgeable about the XJS and willing to answer your questions. He will make sure you get the right parts and tell you any "tricks" for installation.

You will also find some good info on his web site. Check it out.

Mark

Old 03-28-2016, 09:08 PM
Veteran Member
Received 693 Likes on 562 Posts

I cut mine off with a dremel. Of course this is a combo of dremel disc, pliers, razor blades, picks, etc to get it all off, but you really have to get it all out for the ferrules to come loose. I have replacements for all of mine, but tried being as a gentle as possible to keep the extras.

It is just a tedious task, mine were rock hard just like yours. I don't think melting is the way to go, because a small tip like a soldering iron is going to allow to much to cool around it and solidify. You are also just melting, without actually removing rubber as it is melted, you are just moving it around.

If you get replacement ferules it is a bit easier because you can cut the ferrules on the edges to flatten them and then take a razorblade across the rubber until you can peel it away. The ferrule does a lot to keep it in place.