XJS ( X27 ) 1975 - 1996 3.6 4.0 5.3 6.0

Where are the Jags?

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2017, 06:26 PM
Veteran Member
Received 365 Likes on 262 Posts
Default Where are the Jags?

English Motors at Fairbrook, yesterday – This is an annual car show where English car aficionados have a chance to exhibit (and compare) their beautiful British styled machines in a sunny and open country atmosphere in So Cal.

Many cars of every imaginable British make. Many MG’s and Triumphs, but also many Healey’s, Morgans, Sunbeams, Mini Coopers, Rolls and Bentleys, even Morris Minors and later Aston Martin. Oh, did I mention Jaguar? Ah, yes, there were, count them, three Jaguars diluted in a sea of English cars: a ’51 XK120, a 1970 E-Type and my ’94 XJS, that was it. We parked the three Jags close together to feel more secure in such a “strange’ cars environment ….

What is it with the Jaguar crowd? Most the other owners were wondering where the Jags were and making comments such as “typical of Jaguar owners, they buy a Jag, they polish it, they park it and then they leave it alone”. But I’m not surprised, myself. In general, I don’t see in Jaguar owners the interest I see in other brands owners, including other British brands, let alone Porsche’s, Bimmers, Audi’s, or even Corvette’s, etc. Not only in regards to showing the cars, but also just to get together to discuss trends and improvements and to compare notes with fellow enthusiasts who own a car like yours.

Oh well, what can I say….I, myself, did not offer any answers. Is there an answer?

Cheers,

The following users liked this post:
ronbros (10-02-2017)
Old 09-26-2017, 08:46 PM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

It was more than likely people either didn't think they were special or they didn't want "normal" cars there

Old 09-26-2017, 08:47 PM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Also this is off topic but I can't seem to find how to post

Old 09-26-2017, 10:06 PM
Veteran Member
Received 475 Likes on 311 Posts

I'm sure that there are a lot of Jags running around the Southland. Probably more than up here in the Bay Area. Maybe if some of the forum members could start to get together at some Cars and Coffee types of events and get to know each other, I attended the British car show in Clovis last year. There were some early '50's XKs. and Mark 2s. I think the show attending public would like to see E types, XJS, and later XK8s. Not to mention XJ sedans.

Old 09-27-2017, 12:34 AM
Veteran Member
Received 2,180 Likes on 1,583 Posts

I guess it is because Jags were just daily driving luxury Brits. Kind of like the average Toyota, just unreliable

Old 10-02-2017, 01:14 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Where in SoCal?

Just curious, where was this event held? If I'm in town I would love to start joining if it's in or around Los Angeles.