XK / XKR ( X150 ) 2006 - 2014

Selling my 2013 XKR

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2014, 11:19 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What's the price point for the car? I don't know how it would work importing it to the US but if the price is right, I would be interested.

Old 07-18-2014, 12:55 PM
DGL
Veteran Member
Received 928 Likes on 607 Posts

Originally Posted by 2000_328ci
What's the price point for the car? I don't know how it would work importing it to the US but if the price is right, I would be interested.
PM sent.

Old 09-26-2014, 09:08 PM
DGL
Veteran Member

No interest in my Car in Canada. I have it advertised on the autotrader.ca for around $89,000CDN. No takers no phone calls. I called a few dealers to take it in on a trade and they all low ball me--around $64,000CDN ($56,000US) which is an insult for such a great car. The car is worth too much to me in driving pleasure to give it away. I haven't tried selling it in the US yet. I'd probably want around $75,000US for it. Looks like I'll be hanging around a while longer.

When I was in NYC this summer I went to a dealer and they offered me $74,000 on a trade. After going through the currency exchange on the new car with the Canadian importing duty of 6.2%, the US importing duty of 2% to get my car to them, and the transportation cost it was getting too costly to do the deal.

Last edited by DGL; 09-26-2014 at 09:50 PM.
Old 09-26-2014, 11:49 PM
Veteran Member
Received 347 Likes on 240 Posts

Originally Posted by DGL
No interest in my Car in Canada. I have it advertised on the autotrader.ca for around $89,000CDN. No takers no phone calls. I called a few dealers to take it in on a trade and they all low ball me--around $64,000CDN ($56,000US) which is an insult for such a great car. The car is worth too much to me in driving pleasure to give it away. I haven't tried selling it in the US yet. I'd probably want around $75,000US for it. Looks like I'll be hanging around a while longer.

When I was in NYC this summer I went to a dealer and they offered me $74,000 on a trade. After going through the currency exchange on the new car with the Canadian importing duty of 6.2%, the US importing duty of 2% to get my car to them, and the transportation cost it was getting too costly to do the deal.
Keep It!! They aren't making more and.... You know you love her! Tie the knot and hold on to the glory forever

Old 09-27-2014, 07:23 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,200 Likes on 932 Posts

Why not just trade the XKR in on your next purchase not have to deal with people or standing behind the car?

Old 09-27-2014, 08:56 AM
Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Am I the acceptation ?? The only time I don't drive mine is if there is salt on the road and I am in the North East. I try to find a reason just to drive my jag. I love my Jag the looks,the comfort and the ride. When you here about all the other car companies recalls I appreciate it even more

Old 09-27-2014, 09:26 AM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

A moment of silence........................

Old 09-27-2014, 10:17 AM
DGL
Veteran Member

mosesbotol, I would trade it but every dealer here in Canada made an insulting low ball trade in offer. I would sell it privately but I'm getting no calls.

dd823, Where I live in Canada the city spreads small stones over the road along the ocean that I need to travel to get to my house. Where the XKR has absolutely no front wheel mudguards to protect the sides, the stones would sand blast the sides of the car leaving severe road rash. I've had both sides wraped 18" up for protection, but I still will not risk it. Salt is another concern. Consequently, my XKR stays in the garage to only be admired.

Gato Negro, Don't hold your breath in silence...I could have this gorgeous car for a lot longer, to admire and to hear it roar when the weather permits.

Before buying my XKR, last August, I also was looking at a another Nissan GTR, but had my heart set on the XKR. The GTR was priced almost the same as the XKR, same year. Now, one year later, in Canada, it will cost me $20,000 to trade my XKR in on the same GTR. I've owned 2 2014 GTR's since buying my 2013 XKR, but I bought them to sell and sold them within 1 month of owning them. I have no GTRs available to buy at this time, only from dealers. I want an AWD performance car that I can drive more than I will admire it in my garage--my climate sucks. Looks like I'll be driving my wife's Volvo and my old truck this winter. I've also noticed on autotrader.com that low mileage 2012 XKR-S's have broken the $70K price point--that's very low for this quality of car and a great buy.

Our XKRs are hard to sell compared to other cars, especially the GTR. However, I noticed the GTRs have depreciated a lot recently but not nearly as much as the XK, XKR and XKR-S.

I will not let my beloved XKR go at a fire sale price. The XKR GT is king on the street of GT cars, no questions. The Nissan GTR is king GT on the track. I don't track, but I need AWD. I'd much rather drive my XKR than a GTR, but the climate I live in doesn't help. I'm not sure what makes the XKR depreciate so much. The GTR maintains it's price better because of all the ricers chasing it and will sell their front teeth and left kidney for it.

This forum is a tight neat group who know what the XKR has to offer. Most people don't realize just how good the XKR is.

Last edited by DGL; 09-27-2014 at 04:19 PM.
Old 09-27-2014, 01:33 PM
Veteran Member
Received 259 Likes on 205 Posts

Agree, the XKR is fabulous... could consider some custom mud guards for the winter. Anyway, I know the damage that the sand, salt and gravel does and friends of mine with other performance cars go through a similar experience.
I had the same problem with my XKR, especially with my Yoko' snows which had enough lug to really fire the stones up the side.
I had decided to get some custom stone/mud guards done, but never went through as I sold and bought an Ftype R.
Good luck.
Lawrence.

Old 09-28-2014, 12:46 PM
Veteran Member
Received 500 Likes on 365 Posts

DGR. You have a "catch 22" scenario. If you sell the car now, you will not be getting what you think your car is worth. Yet, as time keeps ticking away, your car's value is depreciating fairly rapidly as it is a late model XKR. Waiting will not be your friend if you are looking to get more money. Even though production has stopped for our cars, the XK/XKR is still high on the list for depreciation. It's similar to Real Estate. Your car's value is only what the market will bare. If you are selling your car in order to purchase another car you really want, it will only hurt for a short while. It's just a matter of biting the bullet. Good luck with whatever you decide to do.

The following users liked this post:
DGL (10-05-2014)
Old 10-04-2014, 05:15 PM
DGL
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by bocatrip
DGR. You have a "catch 22" scenario. If you sell the car now, you will not be getting what you think your car is worth. Yet, as time keeps ticking away, your car's value is depreciating fairly rapidly as it is a late model XKR. Waiting will not be your friend if you are looking to get more money. Even though production has stopped for our cars, the XK/XKR is still high on the list for depreciation. It's similar to Real Estate. Your car's value is only what the market will bare. If you are selling your car in order to purchase another car you really want, it will only hurt for a short while. It's just a matter of biting the bullet. Good luck with whatever you decide to do.

Very good advise. I needed to give enough time to get the right deal which happened this morning. I will miss my beloved Jaguar. I will, for sure, go through some separation anxiety. The void will be filled with another GTR. I traded my XKR for an almost new, 3,000 miles from new, 2012 GTR BE and a bit of cash. With the winter coming very fast I will have a performance car to drive with no worry this winter. If I lived in a more friendly climate I would have kept the XKR.

I plan on keeping this GTR and upgrading it to Full Bolt On (FBO) which should give me 750-850 hp. As for the 2 2014 GTRs I sold I only had them for a few weeks and never had a real chance to really experience the car and the GTR ownership culture (for good or bad). I bought and sold the 2014's to turn a nice profit.

I have a few Jaguar mods to sell:

- 2 sets of matts with white border white.
- 3 sets of LED courtesy door lights.
- 1 set of aluminum pedals including rest foot pedal.

Old 10-04-2014, 06:20 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,192 Likes on 902 Posts

Glen - sorry to see you go. Enjoy the GTR. Hope you will be back. The reason I have had so many Jaguars since 1974 is really quite simple. Every time I have tried another brand (BMW or Porsche 928), I have found there truly is nothing like a Jaguar. They are really very special. Give me a call the next time you are in Southern Cal, I might let you drive the XK. Regards, Ralph

DGL (10-05-2014)
Old 10-04-2014, 07:01 PM
DGL
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by ralphwg
Glen - sorry to see you go. Enjoy the GTR. Hope you will be back. The reason I have had so many Jaguars since 1974 is really quite simple. Every time I have tried another brand (BMW or Porsche 928), I have found there truly is nothing like a Jaguar. They are really very special. Give me a call the next time you are in Southern Cal, I might let you drive the XK. Regards, Ralph

Thanks Ralph. I'm not going any where...just taking a break for better or worse. My signature says on my first sold 2011 XKR 175... my first and not my last Jaguar. It will be repeated on my sold 2013 XKR... my second and not my last Jaguar.

I have no regrets with my Jaguar experiences. Life is full of choices. I thought about keeping it and just buying the GTR but then I'd be back in the situation I found myself in last year with 5 cars in my garage collecting dust and only one to drive in the winter.

That's nice of you, Ralph, to offer me your XK convertible when I'm back in LA. You wouldn't mind me using it for 7-10 days, LOL.

I want to experience the full GTR culture (for better or worse) and with the AWD I will be able to drive it during the winter with no worry.

Last edited by DGL; 10-05-2014 at 03:59 AM.
Old 10-05-2014, 09:30 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,228 Likes on 788 Posts

Can you post a few pics of the Jaguar mods you have to sell like floor mats etc?

Old 10-06-2014, 03:17 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,123 Likes on 795 Posts

So, Glenn, it's not 'goodbye', just 'see you later'. Enjoy the GT-R; the forum is pretty lively and very into modding and alternative sourcing for parts - I lurked there for a while when considering the GT-R option.

DGL (10-06-2014)
Old 10-06-2014, 09:22 PM
DGL
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by richzak
Can you post a few pics of the Jaguar mods you have to sell like floor mats etc?

If my purchase and sale agreement is executed successfully so I purchase the GT-R I will post the few items I have or I may decide to hang on to them for my next XKR. I'll be inspecting the GT-R this Saturday and will have it out for a couple of hours. If I can't get over the inferior interior and ride I'll leave it. I'm mainly doing this for the AWD so I can comfortably have a winter performance car to drive. I wouldn't be caught dead taking the XKR to the ski hill but the GT-R will be sweet. However, I'll feel a bit uncomfortable taking the GT-R to the country club where the XKR would shine.

The last 2 GT-Rs I owned I never really got a good chance to experience the car--I sold them so quickly.

Old 10-07-2014, 06:09 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,836 Likes on 1,231 Posts

We all have our tastes and styles that we like. It's great that there are different cars to satisfy it. Mine fall into 2 types with the classic wedge shape and the smooth exotic curves type. In my youth the thrill of a fast convertible was overtaken with the smooth design of the coupe . Then the thrill of HP,HP and more HP followed by handling. This brought me back to Jaguar but this time with a convertible.
As I look at the GTR it smacks of HP and handling and based on all of the articles I have read it is top notch for its category. I am not enamored with its style but I would have maybe taken one in my youth. I've passed that point in time but I hope you enjoy your new toy. Life is to short to pass by some of the fun out there. Have fun.

DGL (10-07-2014)
Old 10-14-2014, 11:11 AM
DGL
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by DGL
If my purchase and sale agreement is executed successfully so I purchase the GT-R I will post the few items I have or I may decide to hang on to them for my next XKR. I'll be inspecting the GT-R this Saturday and will have it out for a couple of hours. If I can't get over the inferior interior and ride I'll leave it. I'm mainly doing this for the AWD so I can comfortably have a winter performance car to drive. I wouldn't be caught dead taking the XKR to the ski hill but the GT-R will be sweet. However, I'll feel a bit uncomfortable taking the GT-R to the country club where the XKR would shine.

The last 2 GT-Rs I owned I never really got a good chance to experience the car--I sold them so quickly.

I flew to Toronto Saturday to inspect the GT-R and take it for a test drive. The car was in perfect condition with only 3,000 miles on it. I had the opportunity to test drive the car giving me enough time to settle into it. I don't track so I don't appreciate the track ability of the GT-R. The GT-R was equipped with the winter package all season tires. It was so rough I thought I was in a go cart. I was well aware of the cheap interior which resembles the quality of standard Nissan product. However, when I got settled in and looked around I missed the special feeling of my Jaguar XKR. Surprisingly, the GT-R feels slower than the Jaguar XKR 5L SC. The turbo chargers take some time to spool up the power. When I punch my XKR in 1st,2nd, or 3rd it throws me back in the seat quickly. The GT-R will not do this on impulse. I also found the brakes required a lot more pressure to stop; this maybe a track quality for feel. The XKR brakes are sharp and bite instantly (a good quality for street driving).

The bottom line is the GT-R never made me feel special on the street where I drive my cars so I had to walk around from a good deal. They offered me $88,000 for my XKR on a fair market valued GT-R. I was happy with the deal but could not see myself driving an unrefined track car on the street. Consequently, I'll be keeping my Jaguar for a while longer. Although I don't drive my XKR in the winter and will feel the depreciation with not being able to use it for 5 months, when I do drive it I will have a big grind on my face. I just can't see myself in a GT-R unless I pick one up like I did before for a super good price and then I would probably sell it again.

My only other option is a Porsche 911 turbo S with it's AWD but, I'm not crazy over Porsche.

Last edited by DGL; 10-14-2014 at 11:16 AM.
Mulmur (10-23-2014)
Old 10-14-2014, 12:03 PM
Received 45 Likes on 30 Posts

DGL, you have just experienced the difference between a Roots-type supercharger and a traditional big turbo set up. Torque off the line will always be better in a supercharger like the one in the XKR.

Test drive the Porsche Turbo S before you dismiss it, though. It will have lag, but less than the GTR-R, and its refinement will be closer to Jag than to Nissan. And it is by all accounts docile on the street but blindingly fast when you want it to be.

Still won't have the same "gentlemen's club" exclusivity feel of the XKR, though. There are trade-offs everywhere

DGL (10-14-2014)
Old 10-14-2014, 04:37 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,192 Likes on 902 Posts

Glen - Welcome back. There's nothing quite like a Jaguar!!

DGL (10-14-2014)

Quick Reply: Selling my 2013 XKR