Sponsored by: DashLynx

Selling my 2013 XKR

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2014, 08:00 PM
DGL
Veteran Member
Received 926 Likes on 607 Posts
Default Selling my 2013 XKR

Many of you will be surprised to here this, so am I. After great personal debate I have decided to sell my XKR--the best manufactured GT. I'm simply not driving it enough and it has become a garage queen. Regrettably, I want to get another GT-R. Why? The weather. I need AWD in my climate. My XKR sets in my garage 5 months of the year and I don't have enough time to drive in during the summer. If it sells I will miss it, I will miss just not seeing it and the smile it puts on my face. I only have 4,000 miles on it. I'm posting this here because the Jaguar forum is a tight community and most will be surprised with my decision. Many times during the winter I wanted to go for a drive but refused to take it out because of the over powering rear wheel torque.

I bought it with only 300 miles on it in West Palm Beach, August of last year, after searching diligently for a black XKR with high specification (dynamic pack and performance exhaust). I will post a classified ad in the for sale section soon. Any offers or interest? PM me.

Attached Thumbnails Selling my 2013 XKR-p1020580.jpg  
Old 07-11-2014, 09:40 PM
Veteran Member
Received 490 Likes on 358 Posts

Originally Posted by DGL
Many of you will be surprised to here this, so am I. After great personal debate I have decided to sell my XKR--the best manufactured GT. I'm simply not driving it enough and it has become a garage queen. Regrettably, I want to get another GT-R. Why? The weather. I need AWD in my climate. My XKR sets in my garage 5 months of the year and I don't have enough time to drive in during the summer. If it sells I will miss it, I will miss just not seeing it and the smile it puts on my face. I only have 4,000 miles on it. I'm posting this here because the Jaguar forum is a tight community and most will be surprised with my decision. Many times during the winter I wanted to go for a drive but refused to take it out because of the over powering rear wheel torque.

I bought it with only 300 miles on it in West Palm Beach, August of last year, after searching diligently for a black XKR with high specification (dynamic pack and performance exhaust). I will post a classified ad in the for sale section soon. Any offers or interest? PM me.

Sorry to see you go. There are relatively few enthusiasts on this forum and every loss is felt. I understand your reasoning as the seller I purchased my car from had the same dilemma. The owner lived in the North East and there were not many opportunities to drive during the long winters. These high torque rear wheel drive cars do not fair well unless the roads are just right. The mileage and condition of your XKR should help to get you a strong price.Good luck with your GTR or any car your purchase.

Old 07-11-2014, 09:53 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,836 Likes on 1,231 Posts

Originally Posted by DGL

I went through this similar issue with my old Ferrari so I understand where you are. Even though I live in the north east we usually have a 3 season year so I expect to drive this until the snow/salt hits the road. Good luck on your next adventure.

Old 07-11-2014, 10:55 PM
Veteran Member
Received 325 Likes on 201 Posts

Originally Posted by DGL

I also finally decided to sell one of my collection today after an agonizing and lengthy deliberation...the '94 Supra TT, in pristine condition. Just wasn't using it and could no longer justify seeing it sit. I had a couple of people waiting for me to sell it, made a call this afternoon and it's sold. I can't seem to stop driving the new TA though, having racked up 6000+ miles and 7 track lapping days on it in the first 8 weeks!

Good luck with the sale, and I'm sure a buyer will be very excited to find your special XKR.

Bruce

Old 07-12-2014, 05:28 AM
Veteran Member
Received 346 Likes on 239 Posts

Say it ain't so!!!

The following users liked this post:
MaximA (07-14-2014)
Old 07-12-2014, 06:09 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,122 Likes on 795 Posts

Sorry to hear it, but I guess it's the sensible decision in your situation.

Old 07-12-2014, 06:30 PM
Veteran Member
Received 2,541 Likes on 1,412 Posts

I appreciate your decision as the only time I drive my Pantera is once or twice a year at the track, and now that I have the 2010 XKR coupe, even that will come to an end. However, I simply like looking at it too much even if I don't drive it to sell it.

And by the way, now that I've driven the 2010 for the last couple of weeks, while there is much to desire, I'm not crazy about it. I had previously ordered a number of modification parts that will be put on the car next week, and afterwards I will decide whether or not to keep it. It hasn't 'stirred my soul" like my 2002 XKR convertible or my 1972 Pantera, it may therefore be expendable.

Obviously, in Southern California, where we haven't had 5 days of rain in the past year, weather isn't an issue, but driving in 5mph traffic everyday for several hours while harnessing 500+hp isn't any fun either.

Attached Thumbnails Selling my 2013 XKR-dscf1189-1280x960-.jpg   Selling my 2013 XKR-vp__3982-1280x853-.jpg  
Old 07-12-2014, 06:59 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,183 Likes on 895 Posts

Glen - Understand your position and conclusion. Too bad, sorry to see you go. Next winter when you come out this way give me a call and we can get together. Regards, Ralph

Old 07-12-2014, 07:36 PM
DGL
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by ralphwg
Glen - Understand your position and conclusion. Too bad, sorry to see you go. Next winter when you come out this way give me a call and we can get together. Regards, Ralph

I'm in no hurry to sell it--it's just a logical conclusion due to the climate I live in. If it sells I'll get another AWD GT-R. Although I rather be driving the XKR, it has limited usage in my climate. I think in will be a hard sell in my area. I envy the So Cali life style. After living in San Diego for 2 years I really miss it. If I could convince my wife to move I would be packing my bags. However, I love my family and cherish them every day.

I'm not sure where my daughter wants to go for her March break next year. If she desires to go to LA I'll be sure to hit you up, Ralph. We had a great time in LA the last 2 winter breaks.

Who knows, I may have this car for awhile yet. I will not give it away. I know, in the proper weather it is a dream to drive and I'm enjoying it now while the summer weather is here.

Last edited by DGL; 07-12-2014 at 08:02 PM.
MaximA (07-14-2014)
Old 07-13-2014, 07:03 PM
Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

Mine will run snows this winter. HeHe, more for the cold temps and our driveway is 350 ft uphill and frozen all winter. She won't see the nasty stuff, but the seat heaters will be enjoyed!!

Old 07-13-2014, 07:12 PM
Veteran Member
Received 482 Likes on 403 Posts

I really need to sell my XKR for my own sake, but I can't bring myself to do it. Even if I don't drive it for a month, just looking at it is a thrill on its own. I cannot think of another car that is so impossibly beautiful that is within my reach financially.

Lothar52 (07-13-2014)
Old 07-13-2014, 08:48 PM
Veteran Member
Received 346 Likes on 239 Posts

Originally Posted by amcdonal86
I really need to sell my XKR for my own sake, but I can't bring myself to do it. Even if I don't drive it for a month, just looking at it is a thrill on its own. I cannot think of another car that is so impossibly beautiful that is within my reach financially.
Amen bub... Now your livin the HIGH LIFE

Old 07-14-2014, 09:34 AM
Veteran Member
Received 594 Likes on 422 Posts

Looks like most forum members can relate to the "garage queen" status. So can I. I do own two queens, my '10 XKR and my twin turbo RX-7. Been tempted to sell the RX-7 for years but, not the XKR that I just got a few months back. It makes my garage look too good :-).

Last week I took the cover off the RX-7 for the first time in months, washed it, polished it and decided that it looked far too good as a decoration for me to sell it. :-). These cars are just too unique, too beautiful to easily divorce from. So, as long as I have the means to support them, THEY STAY.

The following 2 users liked this post by axr6:
MaximA (07-14-2014), tberg (07-14-2014)
Old 07-14-2014, 11:50 AM
Veteran Member

Mine is more of a driveway queen. Haha!

Jffcurt (07-14-2014)
Old 07-14-2014, 11:55 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,197 Likes on 931 Posts

Daily driver is border line garage queen because I work mostly from home, office is 8 miles away, and car is stored 3 months of the year. In 2.5 years, I have driven 15K.

Old 07-14-2014, 12:37 PM
Veteran Member
Received 492 Likes on 310 Posts

Yeah I drove mine Friday for the first time since the track and with the summer here being a flash flood every other day it has sat more than anything. It gets cleaned every few days but doesn't move... Almost a year old with 5800 miles. I need to drive it more

Lothar52 (07-14-2014)
Old 07-14-2014, 01:12 PM
Veteran Member
Received 442 Likes on 323 Posts

I bought my XKR-S in January during the snowiest Winter here in my memory .... 4.500+ miles on it already .... how can you NOT drive it ?????

East Coast trip with my wife coming up in three weeks .... I am sure that will be 2,000 alone ....

Lothar52 (07-14-2014)
Old 07-14-2014, 03:12 PM
DGL
Veteran Member

The XKR is a great value performance GT for what you get. With it's surprising high torque it can get super rear end slippery in the winter. I'd like to have a performance GT car I can drive all year. No other car gets the looks and makes be feel so special as the XKR. However, if I'll have to be satisfied with another GT-R--if that is possible. I'd rather drive the XKR, it's such a perfect performance street car. In the climate I live in I only get to drive for half of the year.

I'm also selling my Merc SLK 55 AMG. It is not what I expected--the F-type is so much better. But, again, I don't want a garage full of cars that I only use for a few times a year. Consequently, if my XKR and SLK sell I'll get another GT-R to replace them as my DD. This may take some time and it will take a good dollar to let the XKR go.

Old 07-14-2014, 06:11 PM
Veteran Member

Well, if you're selling the Merc also, I don't feel so bad anymore!

Old 07-14-2014, 07:50 PM
DGL
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by amcdonal86
Well, if you're selling the Merc also, I don't feel so bad anymore!

When I sell the Merc I will not look back. When, and if, I sell the XKR I'll sadly watch it drive away. I really like this car and wish I could drive it all year round.

Quick Reply: Selling my 2013 XKR