XK / XKR ( X150 ) 2006 - 2014
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx
View Poll Results: What color is your 2012+ XKR-S?
French Racing Blue
27.03%
Polaris White
18.92%
Stratus Grey Metallic
8.11%
Ultimate Black Metallic
18.92%
Italian Racing Red Metallic
20.27%
British Racing Green Metallic
6.76%
Voters: 74. You may not vote on this poll

XKR-S Owners check in - Unofficial Registry

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2013, 04:24 PM
Received 135 Likes on 108 Posts
Cool XKR-S Owners check in - Unofficial Registry

I am looking to create an unofficial forum registry of the 2012+ XKR-S.

It would be great to see how many cars check in and what the variance of colors is.

Please reply to this thread with your XKR-S year, model (coupe/vert) and color. Also, please vote your car's color into the poll above.

Thanks!!!

Old 06-21-2013, 04:27 PM

2012 XKR-S Convertible, British Racing Green! Two options on the sticker were the black gloss 20" Vulcan wheels and the grey painted calipers. I bought mine used with ~6000 miles at a very significant discount. It was a dealer car driven by the GM they told me, so I think I am the first owner...not sure exactly how that works.

Interior is Char/London Tan and the convertible top is black. Mods at this time are UK spec clear front reflectors and carbon fiber hood inserts.

No issues or problems so far. I did have to get a professional polish and full detail on the paint because the dealership washing the car wrong too many times.

Attached Thumbnails XKR-S Owners check in - Unofficial Registry-302898_10151593940434941_1185833601_n.jpg   XKR-S Owners check in - Unofficial Registry-1015933_526530377415761_525175820_o.jpg   XKR-S Owners check in - Unofficial Registry-1175575_10151800089649941_1835015243_n.jpg  

Last edited by Matt in Houston; 08-23-2013 at 03:57 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Buzzer (05-04-2020)
Old 06-21-2013, 07:40 PM
Veteran Member
Received 346 Likes on 239 Posts

Originally Posted by Matt in Houston
I am looking to create an unofficial forum registry of the 2012+ XKR-S.

It would be great to see how many cars check in and what the variance of colors is.

Please reply to this thread with your XKR-S year, model (coupe/vert) and color. Also, please vote your car's color into the poll above.

Thanks!!!
2013 XKR-S in Italian Racing Red. Ordered NEW. Yes - Jaguar should love me. I ordered it with all black Veneer and red piping with the carbon fiber seats...no other extra's. Sort of wish I put the 2k down for the carbon fiber engine cover but when one reviewer called those who did so suckers as you cant see anything in the engine bay anway... I declined.

It came with a few problems...namely the gas line was leaking off the truck due to damage in route, a chirp in the rear axles that ended up being the e-brake line rubbing up against the body (still not sure how a chirp could be caused by a cord ???), a floor mat was improperly installed at the factory and "came up"....and doggoneit...why does my 43,000 infiniti G37S coupe 20th anniv edition have a better stereo then the B&W stereo?!?!?! - I know there is another XKR-S owner who also agrees with me... Very bright stereo.

Other than that...its the best car EVER MADE. IMHO.

Loth

btw- first 2 votes by matt and I...guess what they were? haha!

Last edited by Lothar52; 06-21-2013 at 07:50 PM.
Old 06-21-2013, 08:37 PM

Originally Posted by Lothar52
and doggoneit...why does my 43,000 infiniti G37S coupe 20th anniv edition have a better stereo then the B&W stereo?!?!?! - I know there is another XKR-S owner who also agrees with me... Very bright stereo.
Yes the stereo is bright, but I got mine sounding great by turning the treble down I think two click from the bottom and sub and bass all the way up. I use FRONT DLP and DRIVER DLP and it sounds great.

One difference though is since mine is a soft top I'm sure it has different acoustic properties than the coupe. Also I think mine actually sounds the best with the top down. You can really crank it and there is no distortion that I can hear which I am usually very picky about.

I was driving my nephew around yesterday afternoon and we were jamming loud heavy metal and it sounded great. He even mentioned he thought it sounded awesome and this is from a high school kid who walks around with a big set of head phones on all day.

Okay, so who else has the XKR-S?!?

Lothar52 (06-24-2013)
Old 06-21-2013, 09:45 PM
Received 63 Likes on 55 Posts

2012 Xkr-s, white exterior with black interior with red seat inserts. I bought the car new. I'll see if I can dig up some pics. No issues so far- 11,000 miles. Still really enjoy the car and I get a lot of compliments on my car, people videoing, etc. This is surprising since there are a lot of Ferraris, lamborghinis, mclearen's where I live in so cal. The car's performance is much better than its numbers suggest!

Lothar52 (06-24-2013)
Old 06-24-2013, 02:46 PM
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

2012 Convertible, Brit. Racing Green

Old 06-24-2013, 02:56 PM

I immediately thought my stereo was too bright also, (2012, XKR-S, convert) however, on the highway cruising at 85mph it's much better than my Audi S-7. For me it's easier to hear with more noise at higher speeds. Personal preference I guess. I don't play it much with the top down as I am playing with the exhaust noise.

Old 06-24-2013, 03:00 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Octurbo
2012 Xkr-s, white exterior with black interior with red seat inserts. I bought the car new. I'll see if I can dig up some pics. No issues so far- 11,000 miles. Still really enjoy the car and I get a lot of compliments on my car, people videoing, etc. This is surprising since there are a lot of Ferraris, lamborghinis, mclearen's where I live in so cal. The car's performance is much better than its numbers suggest!
I would have to agree...0-60mph in 4.2 seconds is conservative... Motortrend stated they believe 3.7 seconds is more like it - they clocked a regular XKR at 4.0 seconds before the XKRS came out. Of course you can do like Top Gear did, put it up against a AWD car in the rain with launch control and make it look SLOW. They should be ashamed of themselves for slandering the car after there very positive 2009 review!

Loth

Old 06-24-2013, 03:22 PM

Hello Matt, I responded to the registry earlier. I have a car identical to yours. Where did you get the clear lights and the carbon hood inserts. Also, have you seen the XKR-S steering wheel for sale on the Arden Jaguar website in Germany? I don't particularly like the body kit but like the flat bottomed steering wheel.

Old 06-24-2013, 04:02 PM

Originally Posted by edehut
Hello Matt, I responded to the registry earlier. I have a car identical to yours. Where did you get the clear lights and the carbon hood inserts. Also, have you seen the XKR-S steering wheel for sale on the Arden Jaguar website in Germany? I don't particularly like the body kit but like the flat bottomed steering wheel.

I'll send you a PM about the clear reflectors, and there is a thread about it here too. If you search you can find the part numbers, and I will send you an email of the dealer in the UK to get them from.

The carbon fiber hood inserts are from Mina Gallery. Look under XFR hood inserts, they are the same thing and fit both cars. I need to take a nice pic with them installed, they are awesome looking...car should have came with them from the factory...matches the rest of the carbon bits on the car perfectly.

Old 06-27-2013, 05:47 AM
Veteran Member

So I saw this review about the 2011 xkr175 on a website called sub5zero:

"The Jaguar XKR has one of the finest sound systems I've come across, after being thoroughly disappointed by plenty of high-end, high wattage systems that just failed to wow. The Bowers & Wilkens components are so well-designed and the acoustic mapped so efficiently that even with the top down the clarity and delivery is stellar. The system offers 525W of Dolby Pro-Logic II 7.1 surround sound with 14 speakers delivering tunes from AM/FM radio, SIRIUS™ Satellite Radio, 6- disc in-dash CD changer or connectivity to an external MP3 player."

Something ain't right here...
I understand you can get a better sound by turning the treble all the way down and adjusting the base up... But really... It's not supposed to be that way... Do you think something changed from pre-2012 to 2012 and up? Honestly I think the stereo is pretty off and I just can get used to it and learn to like it....

DRC an audiophile with an XKRS also agrees and he owned a 2010 XKR... He said the stereo is supposed to be the same but is much worse in the XKRS!

Loth

Old 06-27-2013, 07:59 AM
Received 41 Likes on 33 Posts

So I saw this review about the 2011 xkr175 on a website called sub5zero:

"The Jaguar XKR has one of the finest sound systems I've come across, after being thoroughly disappointed by plenty of high-end, high wattage systems that just failed to wow. The Bowers & Wilkens components are so well-designed and the acoustic mapped so efficiently that even with the top down the clarity and delivery is stellar. The system offers 525W of Dolby Pro-Logic II 7.1 surround sound with 14 speakers delivering tunes from AM/FM radio, SIRIUS™ Satellite Radio, 6- disc in-dash CD changer or connectivity to an external MP3 player."

Loth
I agree. I have B&W's Diamond line in my home theater. They are nothing short of stunning. After 1-1/2 years listening to the B&W transducers in my XKR I've come to the conclusion that B&W should not be in the car audio business. I wonder why JLR dropped them only to have them picked up by Maserati.

Mike

Old 06-27-2013, 09:22 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by mjsammon
I agree. I have B&W's Diamond line in my home theater. They are nothing short of stunning. After 1-1/2 years listening to the B&W transducers in my XKR I've come to the conclusion that B&W should not be in the car audio business. I wonder why JLR dropped them only to have them picked up by Maserati.

Mike

Thats interesting Mike. I was under the impression that the B&W stereo in previous years in the XK (525 watts) was excellent. In particular my friend had a 2010 XKR. He said the stereo was excellent. Then he had to replace it and went for the 2012 XKR-S. One of, if not the only, main complaint he has is the horrible stereo (though it was still the same one - 525 Watt B&W stereo). He complained to jaguar and nothing was done. Nobody buys a XKR-S to roll the windows up and listen to orchestra music - WE LOVE THE GLORIOUS NOISE.... but it would be very nice to feel that everything in this car is special. Dont get me wrong though..its still a fantastic car!

Loth

EDIT: I just saw after posting that Mike has a 2012 XKR...somehow I thought he was speaking about a 2010-11. So he still falls under having likely the exact same stereo....and has the same complaint.

Last edited by Lothar52; 06-27-2013 at 09:25 AM.
Old 06-27-2013, 09:25 AM

I understand you can get a better sound by turning the treble all the way down and adjusting the base up... But really... It's not supposed to be that way... Do you think something changed from pre-2012 to 2012 and up? Honestly I think the stereo is pretty off and I just can get used to it and learn to like it....

DRC an audiophile with an XKRS also agrees and he owned a 2010 XKR... He said the stereo is supposed to be the same but is much worse in the XKRS!

Loth
I also used to be quite the audiophile...I remember when I wrote an English paper called "The Acoustical Analysis of a Subwoofer" ...I was even able to back my car up to the classroom during the presentation and used my remote to play through bass scales...the classroom was shaking..it was a lot of fun.

I agree that the B&W should be better balanced in the neutral settings, but its definitely not. So the only option is to make the adjustments even if they are to the extreme ends of adjustment, and I think the result isn't bad at all.

For a stock vehicle I can say once its properly adjusted, it's one of the best I have personally heard...at least for clarity and the tone is pretty good too.

I guess I don't have any complaints, but most of the time I am listening to the exhaust.

Old 06-27-2013, 10:58 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Matt in Houston
I also used to be quite the audiophile...I remember when I wrote an English paper called "The Acoustical Analysis of a Subwoofer" ...I was even able to back my car up to the classroom during the presentation and used my remote to play through bass scales...the classroom was shaking..it was a lot of fun.

I agree that the B&W should be better balanced in the neutral settings, but its definitely not. So the only option is to make the adjustments even if they are to the extreme ends of adjustment, and I think the result isn't bad at all.

For a stock vehicle I can say once its properly adjusted, it's one of the best I have personally heard...at least for clarity and the tone is pretty good too.

I guess I don't have any complaints, but most of the time I am listening to the exhaust.
Anybody with a XKR175 have a problem with there 525 W B&W stereo? Is it fine at midline?? Or does the treble need lowered, bass need amped?

I know Matt...I just like bitching i guess

Ryan

Old 06-27-2013, 02:27 PM
Received 41 Likes on 33 Posts

WE LOVE THE GLORIOUS NOISE....
Yes, that's one of the primary reasons I bought the XKR. The audio system is just background noise (to me anyway).

Mike

Old 06-28-2013, 11:53 PM
Received 35 Likes on 26 Posts

Just picked up 2012 Blue XKR-S couple of days ago with 1200 miles on the clock. It was pretty good deal too. Dealer has another one with the lowest price in the nation (based on autotrader)

Old 06-29-2013, 05:57 AM
Veteran Member

I know where u got it....PA!!! did he come down in price too?

Old 06-29-2013, 09:05 AM

Welcome to the forum, Blue. I bet you will get a lot of attention in that beauty!

On a side note, just dropped in twin BMC air filters in mean green on Thursday and ran her on Friday with no problems. These filters are half as thick as the stock paper offerings and shipped pretty fast considering they came from Italy. Kind of a pain to install, having to remove the front wheels, but not too bad.

Old 06-29-2013, 01:32 PM
Veteran Member

Blue paid sig less than I did for mine... Way to go! I myself will use this experience to likely buy used in the future!!! The diff in $$$ paid between our XKRS cars blue is staggering!!!

Quick Reply: XKR-S Owners check in - Unofficial Registry