**END of Summer Jaguar Meet and Cruise**

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2016, 11:45 AM
Received 390 Likes on 207 Posts
Default **END of Summer Jaguar Meet and Cruise**

Please follow this link:

https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/f...%2A%2A-168514/

Hello all!

I am pleased to announce to host that I will be hosting a Jaguar owners meet and cruise on Saturday, 9/24/2016 at JLR's Regional office in Orange County. I'm still working out the details. This will be strictly sign up meet and cruise only as I am only one person organising this. Sign up will be limited to 50 cars. Further details will follow as I lock things down. This will begin at 730AM.

A few key things:
-I am requesting 2-3 volunteers to be group leaders for the drive. We will meet up prior to the meet to do a "scouting" run so we are familiar with the route.

-This will be at JLR's regional office in Orange County in a business complex. Please be respectful of our neighbors and be mindful of noise and trash.

-Unfortunately I can't grant you full access to the building so activities will be restricted to the parking lot and main lobby.

-I'm working on getting some display cars so that you can see what JLR currently offers but no promises.

Come meet new people, celebrate our cars and enjoy a nice drive. Please ensure that you obey all traffic laws and drive within your limits.

1. WhiteTardis
2. Socal_transplant
3. TimlessR (if I'm around OC that weekend)
4. IronMike

Old 09-07-2016, 11:53 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,836 Likes on 1,231 Posts

I assume you are talking about OC Ca. as we have an Orange County in New York. LOL

Old 09-07-2016, 02:56 PM
Received 50 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by jagtoes
I assume you are talking about OC Ca. as we have an Orange County in New York. LOL

Jagtoes:

Why don't you organize one in your O. C.??

Old 09-07-2016, 03:32 PM
Veteran Member

I would most likely be the only participant. As an example I have a relative in the insurance business. I asked him to pull the number of Jaguar XK's in my county and 2 other local counties. We have 4 including myself so it would be a small party. Funny thing is I was just asked to an Italian drive and brunch next week (still on the old Ferrari list) and they have over 25 Ferrari participants in our county. Now who would think that.

Old 09-07-2016, 08:11 PM
Veteran Member
Received 2,541 Likes on 1,412 Posts

I think I can make it, and I'll see if I can recruit a couple of others. Count me in.

Old 09-08-2016, 05:53 AM

Originally Posted by jagtoes
I would most likely be the only participant. As an example I have a relative in the insurance business. I asked him to pull the number of Jaguar XK's in my county and 2 other local counties. We have 4 including myself so it would be a small party. Funny thing is I was just asked to an Italian drive and brunch next week (still on the old Ferrari list) and they have over 25 Ferrari participants in our county. Now who would think that.

I recall when you posted that info about the lack of XK's in the area. I bet the Ferraris are mostly east of the Hudson rather than in O. C..

The Calif. event is "Jag owners" not XK owners. I would expect North Jersey would have a good number. In your experience has anyone done something like this in our area?

Old 09-08-2016, 06:47 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by SickRob
I recall when you posted that info about the lack of XK's in the area. I bet the Ferraris are mostly east of the Hudson rather than in O. C..

The Calif. event is "Jag owners" not XK owners. I would expect North Jersey would have a good number. In your experience has anyone done something like this in our area?
I know 2 of the 3 owners and one lives on the west side of the Hudson River. Most of the Ferrari's are on the east and south side . As for all other Jags I didn't get that data but I have never seen any other sedans in the area but I assume there must be some. Where are most of the Jags , I assume in the Albany area where they also have a fairly good size Jaguar club. I would join them but it's a 1 1/2 hour drive to their events. By the way Albany is where my dealer is.

Old 09-14-2016, 09:43 AM

Wow, I'm spoiled. There are 3 dealers w/in 30, minutes of me.

Old 09-14-2016, 09:57 AM
Received 102 Likes on 61 Posts

Hey Jagtoes...

I am in Northern NJ. I usually do a drive up to Rhinebeck in the fall to the Aerodrome... nice place for a group meet. Maybe you can post in the NorthEast Regional Form and spread the net a little wider.

Old 09-16-2016, 03:54 PM
Veteran Member
Received 359 Likes on 254 Posts

There is an OC here in Maryland, that is Ocean City. We have a number of car clubs convening in OC being in the spring of each year.
Just saying....