XK / XKR ( X150 ) 2006 - 2014

07 XK Both Power Seats Powerless

Old 03-21-2017, 06:27 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 07 XK Both Power Seats Powerless

Thank you in advance for any help you all are able to provide. Currently: 2007 Jaguar Xk has no movement in either of the seats by using any of the switches, recline, lumbar or front/back.
I have recently replaced the battery (got 7 years out of the old one, not too shabby) with one of the the original specs. I cannot recall trying to reposition the seats since this about 2 months ago. I also currently have my right front TPMS in rim sensor/valve stem replaced with a regular rubber valve stem as the original had sprung a good leak in the core. So, of course my "tire not being monitored" message is displayed on the dash. And my blower motor doesn't operate at current time sue to the pissy duck bill issue that I havent cut off yet. Other than these three items, there have been no changes or faults as of lately.
I have not checked fuses as of yet, because in my head I cannot understand why passenger and driver fuses would have blown simulataneously. Ruled it out by default.
Anyone have any experience or brainstorms on this one?

Old 03-21-2017, 11:41 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,180 Likes on 893 Posts

You may have to do a system reset. That is done by unhooking one of the battery cables and touching to the other. I'm no expert on this subject, so I suggest you enter system reset in the search box in upper right hand corner of this page. You might want to enter something like power seats won't move first to see if you can find anything there. Good luck! Oh, maybe one of the members with more expertise than I have will give you better advice.

Old 03-22-2017, 10:17 AM
Veteran Member
Received 4,164 Likes on 2,334 Posts

A hard reset won't help. Not sure what causes the problem but they require a trip to the dealer to recalibrate.

You're correct Adhill, there is no inter-connection, fuse between the passenger and driver side modules, just a megafuse which would disable much more than your seats.

Unless you have a buddy with SDD, you'll need to see the dealer:

https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/x...solved-115115/

Last edited by Sean W; 03-22-2017 at 01:51 PM.
Old 03-22-2017, 12:14 PM
Received 333 Likes on 201 Posts

I honestly have never seen a hard reset fix any problem to date...yet we still keep telling people to do a "hard reset"

Old 03-22-2017, 01:47 PM
Veteran Member
Received 4,164 Likes on 2,334 Posts

Originally Posted by michaelodonnell123
I honestly have never seen a hard reset fix any problem to date...yet we still keep telling people to do a "hard reset"
Agreed Michael, and it's not really supposed to do anything more than return modules to their baseline. It's intended to be used before and after programming. Per the Jaguar Training manual:

How Programming Affects Diagnosis
There are two possible malfunctions of a control unit:
• A hardware problem
• A software problem (Programming)
A large majority of all control units that are replaced during service have a software problem that can be corrected by reprogramming of the hardware. It is recommended that, before a module is replaced, a hard reset and/or reprogramming should be carried out.

NOTE: A hard reset does not repair a fault condition. It simply brings all control modules back to their baseline condition. If a hard reset eliminates the symptoms, then further diagnosis is needed to determine the cause of the conditions, i.e. low battery causing a single control module to come off line temporarily.

During symptom Analysis:
Carefully observe the symptoms while performing functional tests. If the symptoms appear to change while testing, perform a ‘hard reset’ of the control modules. A ‘hard reset’ clears any ‘false’ symptoms that might result from testing. Also, perform a ‘hard reset’ after a repair is completed. Then, perform functional tests of the original failed function to verify the repair.

Hard Reset Instructions
A ‘hard reset’ restores the control modules to their base conditions assuring that network communications are synchronized.

X105, X150 Vehicles
Due to the window drop entry feature, the following procedure should be followed to prevent door seal damage.
• Open one window fully or open a door
• Disconnect the negative cable of the battery for at least 120 seconds
• Reconnect the battery negative cable
• Reset the window position memory for the passenger and driver door windows

More than likely when done, charging of the battery is also completed and the low battery voltage was the problem. I do hard resets all the time when I'm using IDS/ SDD and yet as I say this, one of the Tech's (Brutal) has experienced otherwise, so have at it. It certainly can't hurt and made me a liar in my initial post (well maybe).

https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/x...k-stuck-53099/

Last edited by Sean W; 03-22-2017 at 01:59 PM.
The following users liked this post:
michaelodonnell123 (03-30-2017)