XK / XKR ( X150 ) 2006 - 2014
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

'08 XK/R Front All weather mats that fit finally

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2008, 10:12 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default '08 XK/R Front All weather mats that fit finally

I've seen this inquiry come up before in reference to front mats specifically for the drivers side where the mat actually covers covers the left foot area on '08 XK/R's.

I've finally gotten Designer Mat the maker of the Sisel floor mats thru J.C. Whitney to custom make the mats. I received them last week after sending the Sisel mats they sent me back to Designer Mat with specification on how I would like to have the mat made.

First the holes where the mat attaches on the floor were off on both sides, driver and passenger, then I made a template of the mat with a card board cut out with exact messurements for the drivers side and added the flap that goes where the left foot rest is.
Believe it or not they actually did exactly what I asked and it fits really nice. Sisel is a really nice mat, plus it's all weather. The original cost about $110 for the pair, not sure if they'll increase the price, they didn't charge me any more then what I originally paid.

I'm not sure if they'll change the price but I called them directly which their not really used to and told them what a great job they did and asked if they will add it to the product list on the J.C. Whitney web site. The person I talked to was Edward at Designer Mat. He was surprised and very pleased it worked out and was going to make sure to put that in as a product.

If your interested and for whatever reason it's still not on the J.C. Whitney web site here's the 800 number to Designer Mat in Chino California in case your interested in ordering them, 800-659-6371, ask for Edward, if you want to reference me, Rob Cohen feel free.
No, I'm not making anything on this, but Edward will definitely remember me. You can also reference my case number when I sent back the original to be altered, JC15673, that's their recordnumber for my request which will be in their files.

Anyway, good luck, I know I spent a lot of time trying to find a nice all weather mat and ended up sending quite a few back because non fit the car even though they said custom fit.

Take care