2007 Jaguar XKR (Suggestions)

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2017, 03:12 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2007 Jaguar XKR (Suggestions)

Hi guys,
i need your help asap,
i'm about to buy 2007 xkr and i'm thinking about parts,
like if i have any problem with the engine parts or something, is it easy to find in united states?
currently i'm in houston, tx.
for example you can easily find toyota, honda or ford parts and also they are cheap.
i know this car totally different and premium but it's really important to me.
Thanks!

Old 06-26-2017, 04:20 AM
Received 40 Likes on 25 Posts

Parts are readily available online to save some cash over dealer prices.

Old 06-26-2017, 07:00 AM
Received 93 Likes on 63 Posts

Originally Posted by Oh My NewYork
Hi guys,
i need your help asap,
i'm about to buy 2007 xkr and i'm thinking about parts,
like if i have any problem with the engine parts or something, is it easy to find in united states?
currently i'm in houston, tx.
for example you can easily find toyota, honda or ford parts and also they are cheap.
i know this car totally different and premium but it's really important to me.
Thanks!
Parts are "easy" to find. Look on parts.com to obtain a sense of the cost of parts from an online source. For example, look at the cost of suspension parts.

The parts pricing is far from "cheap" if you are used to buying Toyota, Honda and Ford parts, so keep that in mind. However you can sometimes find the original equipment vendor parts (without Jaguar labeling) at lower pricing, if you do some research.

Old 06-26-2017, 07:31 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,197 Likes on 931 Posts

Parts are easy. There are a few forum sponsors who have attractive prices along with the major online parts stores. One suggestion I'd offer is to only use OEM parts.

Old 06-26-2017, 10:21 AM
Veteran Member
Received 969 Likes on 654 Posts

Some folks cringe, whine and deny it but these cars share a lot of parts with similar Fords / Lincolns and also the very, very common 'S' type Jaguar. Autozone and NAPA either stock or can get parts easily as well as many of the dealer sponsored eBay sellers or dealer based online parts houses. Prices are all over the scale, from dealer retail to 20% close out costs. You just need to take the time to source parts with all the series part numbers from the original through the revisions.

These cars are also pretty easy to work on. They use modern construction techniques with a ton of press lock fasteners that are readily available online. Basic motor and drive line mechanical is very similar to a same year Mustang.

The only caveat is there's still a little Lucas mischief in the electrical system. It requires a good battery and is susceptible to interference on the different buss systems which will give oddball codes or loss of functionality. Mine with a new battery and daily driving seems to have left most of those problem behind.