XK / XKR ( X150 ) 2006 - 2014

2007 XK Antenna Problem....."Your Kidding Me...Right !!!"

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2017, 02:38 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 2007 XK Antenna Problem....."Your Kidding Me...Right !!!"

Has Anyone recently changed an antenna on a XK with a New antenna from Jag?

Purchased a 2007 Jaguar.....Antenna just popped out of the mast and dragged the ground for some time before a considerate driver signaled me that there was some attention needed to the rear of my car....LOL. The antenna mast is easy enough to replace. you can get one on ebay for less then $20.00 My problem now is that.... there was NO antenna retaining nut screwed onto the top of the antenna mast to begin with......and you can't buy one. Has anyone purchased a full antenna mast from Jaguar or aftermarket.....if so you will have an extra antenna Mast retaining nut I would be happy to purchase from you.....or does anyone know of a place where one can be purchased ....Thank You.

Old 05-04-2017, 03:45 PM
Veteran Member
Received 969 Likes on 654 Posts

I'd plug the hole with something and fire up the Sirius. I'm gladly paying $12.50 per month for basic tunes and no obnoxious commercials like the 'free to air' stations do anymore.

Old 05-04-2017, 05:22 PM
Received 42 Likes on 30 Posts

I paid £200 for a body shop to plug the hole and get rid of that aerial completely. £65 in parts and an amplifier from Jaguar to complete the conversion.

Old 05-04-2017, 05:41 PM
Received 214 Likes on 149 Posts

Try one of the many Jaguar junkyards for the nut.
Figure out what thread it is and I bet you can match the nut somewhere.
Replace the complete power antennae assembly. They are available on ebay for $35 to $50.

Old 05-10-2017, 06:54 AM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

That original antenna is stupid, driving with the hood down and the mast up is hopeless due to the wind noise. Even with the top down you hear the damn mast. So, out with the fuse F5 but now what. We want radio as well.
So i removed the tail light fixture, 3rd brake light, actually only removing the red glass will do!!, and placed a simple steel rod ( like 2 to 3 mm thick wire) in the housing of the tail light. Make it as long as you can comfortably get in place. Feeding a suitable wire, small diameter antenne cable, through the grommets and holes to the mast antenna in the wing is the hard part, but not too bad. Ground the mantel at one end or the other, not both!
Forget all the stories on buying a special connector to hook up yr new wire to the existing wire that goes front ot the radio. Simple plug the bare centre wire from yr new antenna into the plug that was sctewed onto the mast antenna. And bob is yr uncle again!
Reception is my case is fine. BUT do not forget to search for stations using the buttons on the dash panel. The selector on the steering wheel only switches between selected position and hence you'll miss the rest of the free radio stations!
Goodluck. At no cost I have removed a very annoying problem and retained full radio function.

The following 2 users liked this post by JAG shaker:
dirtyodwyer (08-31-2019), ralphwg (05-11-2017)
Old 05-10-2017, 07:06 AM

Thanks to all for your replies......Problem Solved...I got lucky and found the antenna retaining nut in the wheel well under the spare tire....
I put a new mast in that I purchased from ebay for $12. and it works fine.... now moving on to the next problem....Water dripping from A/C in passenger compartment.....Fun....Fun....

The following users liked this post:
Ranchero50 (05-10-2017)
Old 05-10-2017, 10:56 AM
Default I just got this email.....Really?

this is what I received.....

"Yet another example of the discourtesy of so many who ask for help and then disappear - or who ask for help and do not acknowledge the help when it is given".

Read my previous post.... then you can apologize !!!

Sorry, I have a Job and a Family.....I don't live every moment on the internet
I said THANK YOU to everyone for there posts...what more do you want?

Old 05-10-2017, 11:43 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,888 Likes on 1,282 Posts

Originally Posted by ptjetpilot
this is what I received.....

"Yet another example of the discourtesy of so many who ask for help and then disappear - or who ask for help and do not acknowledge the help when it is given".

Read my previous post.... then you can apologize !!!

Sorry, I have a Job and a Family.....I don't live every moment on the internet
I said THANK YOU to everyone for there posts...what more do you want?
You might want to check your email again. When you post in a thread, you are subscribed to that thread and probably get an email when an update is made to the thread. The comment you saw was probably directed to user 'LadyVee' in a thread started by that user that never responded to help that was posted.

Old 05-11-2017, 12:05 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,484 Likes on 907 Posts

Originally Posted by JAG shaker
The selector on the steering wheel only switches between selected position and hence you'll miss the rest of the free radio stations!
Unless of course you read the owners manual

Cycle through preset radio stations or
next CD track. A short press will seek
up or down to next preset station or
next CD track. Press and hold for two
seconds to select next strong radio
station or next CD.

Old 05-11-2017, 01:27 AM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Thanks, i read that as well in the manual. But like many other little things with this car, it does not seem to work in real life. But i am so happy with radio and particulary CD without wind noise from the mast that i don't care.