XK / XKR ( X150 ) 2006 - 2014
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

2009 XKR?

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2008, 12:33 PM
Received 109 Likes on 67 Posts
Default 2009 XKR?

So what is new with '09? Is the Taillights now LED? Just checking what's different/new.

Old 09-30-2008, 03:24 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: 2009 XKR?

Lower Price fewer features & not a very special paint color, no comparison
to last years color although they did add an ipod and usb connection

Old 09-30-2008, 10:57 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The lower price is a result of more things being included standard in the XKR that are just options in the 2008 XKR and the 2009 XK. I think one of the few options left is bigger wheels and different brakes though i would have to search for the data sheet i have that lists everything. They added in the 2009 XKR the USB/Ipod thingy in the center console, which works very well with the internal system. Fixed some of the bugs so now the electronics shut down properly so it doesn't kill the battery like previous models. I have also noticed the brake lights and the reverse light being a lot brighter in the back of mine than a 2008 XKR, but i am not sure if they are LED or not. A 2009 XKR portfolio (which are out in the wild since i have one) has all of the 2009 XKR options minus $7,000+ option for different brakes. The 2009 portfolio has the shadow grey color (only color) dark gry seats (only color) red stitching (which looks a lot better than you would think), and a wood paneling which is darker than the others. I am not sure but the front looks a little different than 2008 XKR though i might be partial.

Hope that helps

D

Old 09-30-2008, 11:22 PM

Thanks guys....looking at some pics on the web on the '09...looks like not much changes outside and the rear still uses incandescent bulbs. Was hoping for LED tailights so I can retrofit onto my '08. Looks like the 500+HP is still not out yet and also the Jaguar Drive. Funny how the XF has upgrades such as LED Tailights and illuminated door sills and the XKR does not. [sm=chairshot.gif]

Old 10-01-2008, 03:19 PM

Thanks. The external mast antenna was eliminated in '08 and integrated into the rear spoiler. Looked at some more pics on autotrader for '09s and looks pretty much the same except for new wheels, color leather stitching, new wood optionand the new speaker system. It also confirmed no LED Taillights (would have had distintive dots in the tailights for each LED bulb). Maybe the 500HP and minor facelift will come middle of '09....same time they announced the '09 XKR-S earlier this year.

Old 10-02-2008, 09:06 PM

That's good to hear.Looks like LED Taillights, side turn signal integrated into the side mirrors and front fascia facelift.

Possible new upgrades:

Old 10-05-2008, 03:17 PM

i just bought a 2009 XKR portfolio coupe (turned down convertible just personal taste) and i can tell you that you will love it and it is worth every penny. I have not had this much fun driving a car in a long time. The drive is smooth and comfortable, the engine is great (loud enough to turn heads), and the HP and acceleration that comes with the XKR is impressive considering how little the car weighs. Even though the electronics are not as advanced as say a BMW that is okay since i have never heard of the BMW's electronics working all that great. The touch pad dash and everything works great and is very responsive.The sound system is good enough because the cabin is small enough to make it feel as if you are immersed. I wish it didn't have the two back seats but i understand the reasoning in having them (insurance), but they are essentially a waste of space. The navigation system works very well and will get you to where you need to go. The 2009 version you are thinking of buying has the intergrated IPOD adapter which works very well and is a MUST in my opinion. The blue tooth syncs nicely with an Iphone or any other blue tooth device with very little hassle. Though my only true complaint is the hands free phone system because the passagener is sometimes hard to hear (so i have been told), but the driver can be heard very well (so i have been told).

All in all the one month i have had the car i have just fallen head over heals in love with it. One neat perk to the car is that you get lots of jealous looks and loads of questions about the car. It is worth the price in my opinion. Plus with the portfolio they only made so many total and only so many of them are the united states so that makes it even better. When you buy the car just make sure that you get the dealer to tell you about the one reverse head light (it is supposed to be that way) you will thank me later when at least 30 people in less than a week feel it is their duty to tell you that you have a reverse tail light out. If you have any specific questions let me know.

D

Old 10-05-2008, 05:23 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

......... I've had my 08 for 11 months; and 'knock on wood', not one problem. it's worth every penny !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
although, I'm partial to the '08's (Celestial Black/char with ivory stitching) and to coupes..LOL

Old 10-06-2008, 03:04 PM

Keep us informed on what happens...look forward to seeing you around these parts in the future.

D

Old 10-10-2008, 06:33 PM
Veteran Member
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

David, so you know there are 2 interior color combination's (not trying to be a jerk lol just trying to help) avail on the 09 XKR Portfolios....
Warm Charcoal With Warm Charcoal Trim And Red stitching as it sounds like you have, and engine spin aluminum trim?
Ivory Seats with Warm Charcoal Trim and Slate Blue Stitching With Rich Oak Dark wood...

Friends at the dealer gave me this cool little one page, double sided poster for the portfolio...probably in hopes id buy one lol I do love the 09 style wheels though with classic center caps!

Old 10-11-2008, 11:06 AM

Really, I was not aware that it came in that color of seats and with that blue stitching. Odd i am curious how the blue stitching looks. I was always told by everyone under the sun and from the research i did that the seats i described where the only ones. I have never heard of the blue stitching nor have i ever seen any pictures. I am not sure how good ivory seats would look with that car. Different strokes for different folks i guess.

D

Old 10-11-2008, 07:13 PM
Veteran Member
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

yeah I do not know where the blue stiching came from either, ill try to scan the poster thing in a little bit and post a pic of it. i did like the ivory seats though, it seems to contrast the grey quite nicely.

Old 10-11-2008, 10:25 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Old 10-12-2008, 12:59 PM

Seems like Jag (Tata/Ford/whomever) realizes that the 08 XKR and 08 XKR portfolio is where they have hit their stride. The 09 XKR Portfolio in my mind is the perfect car for me at the moment. Just got in from taking the wife on a sunday morning drive (such beautiful weather where i am) and we both want to go back out and take for another drive later this evening. Just a perfect car top to bottom....doesn't make having to swallow the high fuel price so bad LOL. Anywho if you find those blue stitching pictures i am curious how they look.

One thing i am fuzzy on is how many 09 XKR Portfolios 1) were made period and 2) were released in the U.S. i have heard everything from 330 to only 55 being in the United States, but never got any sure fast figures.

D

Old 10-12-2008, 05:25 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

......... near perfect day in Chicago; just did the same, leasure ride with the wife to enjoy the fall colors and get a bite to eat. XKR Portfolio is perfect GT !!!!!!!!!!!

Quick Reply: 2009 XKR?