XK / XKR ( X150 ) 2006 - 2014
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

2012 XKR-S on Ebay...tacky or cool?

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2016, 10:04 AM
Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts
Default 2012 XKR-S on Ebay...tacky or cool?

You guys seen this?

Part of me says the red interior, red mats and red safety belts over do it a bit...but part of me says it looks cool as hell!

I do like the white letter tires and yellow calipers with yellow lip on rims.

I know everyone has their opinions...

Jaguar XK XKR S | eBay

Mike

Old 04-03-2016, 10:20 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,836 Likes on 1,231 Posts

During my search a few years ago I came across a black XKR convert with this interior package. When I looked at the pictures it looked gaudy but when I saw it in person it wasn't to bad. I also saw one with the tan/charcoal interior and I would have liked that in my IRR. I gotta say if I were to get an XKR-S my ego would want it to stand out so I would have looked for a French Racing Blue one . White is not one of my color choices.

Old 04-03-2016, 10:21 AM
Veteran Member
Received 590 Likes on 317 Posts

Originally Posted by OhioMike
You guys seen this?

Part of me says the red interior, red mats and red safety belts over do it a bit...but part of me says it looks cool as hell!

I do like the white letter tires and yellow calipers with yellow lip on rims.

I know everyone has their opinions...

Jaguar XK XKR S | eBay

Mike
Tacky or cool, it does look like a track car, and looks like it means business. Thing is everyone likes to be different, if i had an xkr-s i would like it a bit different than the norm. Would i have it, hell yea, but i would loose the red mats, yuk.

Old 04-03-2016, 01:02 PM
Veteran Member
Received 54 Likes on 46 Posts

looks ok to me.....just can't do white cars...not a fan. besides every 3rd car is white in AZ and with good reason.....it's Dante's kitchen here in the summer.

Old 04-03-2016, 01:20 PM
Veteran Member
Received 6,140 Likes on 3,383 Posts

Only 5,900 miles, but with "600HP" floor mats I'd be concerned that that it was done 1/4 mile a time. Apparently tuned since stock was 550HP.

I like the colors, but would remove the Leaper sticker from the front bumper - to me, it's tacky. The coolest thing about this XKR-S is the Leaper embossed on the tire sidewalls. How many cars can boast of having tires made specifically for them? I hope I wasn't fooled by another Leaper sticker.

Last edited by Stuart S; 04-03-2016 at 01:28 PM. Reason: Added photo
Old 04-03-2016, 01:23 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,836 Likes on 1,231 Posts

Originally Posted by Stuart S
Only 5,900 miles, but with "600HP" floor mats I'd be concerned that that it was done 1/4 mile a time. Apparently tuned since stock was 550HP.

I like the colors, but would remove the Leaper sticker from the front bumper - to me, it's tacky. The coolest thing about this XKR-S is the Leaper embossed on the tire sidewalls. How many cars can boast of having tires made specifically for them? I hope I wasn't fooled by another Leaper sticker.
I forgot the name but there is a company that makes decals for tires . Thats what is on these tires also the yellow tire strip is a decal too.

The following users liked this post:
Stuart S (04-03-2016)
Old 04-03-2016, 01:37 PM
Veteran Member

Hah! Fooled me once, but...

I Googled "tire stickers" and found their website: https://www.tirestickers.com/

Old 04-03-2016, 03:11 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,228 Likes on 788 Posts

XKR-S looks awesome and very mean. Interior has a true sports car look, and looks like the original owner(s) spent a few extra dollars to make the XKR-S look this way.

The price looks attractive and from the video, it appears the dealer is a high-performance car seller.

Love it, even though the color is White. I own a 2015 Corvette and the most popular color is Artic White, so I would not have any worries about the color White. Easy to maintain.

Go for it, you only live once.

Old 04-03-2016, 03:14 PM
Veteran Member
Received 282 Likes on 170 Posts

I did not see any claim of a tune in the ad. Only floor mats and racing seatbelts. Other than those two items the interior is as available OEM stock ordered.

Old 04-03-2016, 03:55 PM
Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

Oh...make no mistake, I am not in the market for another one!

Already have a white 2012 XKR-S...I was simply asking you guys what you thought.

Again, I know everyone has their fav colors and such, so no harm to those that are not fans of white....it's all good!

I do like the carbon fibre supercharger vents, the side vents and the mirrors...if they were not so stinking expensive, I may just put them on mine.

The red leather seats..like em! Red mats, no thanks.

The yellow on the wheels is a sticker...I may just try it on mine. No blood, no foul. Just peel it off if it doesn't look good.

Mike

Attached Thumbnails 2012 XKR-S on Ebay...tacky or cool?-20151211_152638.jpeg  
Old 04-03-2016, 04:48 PM
Veteran Member

Hah! Fooled me once, but...

I Googled "tire stickers" and found their website: https://www.tirestickers.com/
I Remember when i got my first car a RS turbo fiesta, it was a rocket hatchback, all the rage here was painting the tyre logo's with white tyre pen, those were the days.

Attached Thumbnails 2012 XKR-S on Ebay...tacky or cool?-white-permanent-car-tyre-marker-pen-paint-motorcycle-bike-universal-metal-wheel.jpg  
Old 04-03-2016, 06:11 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by JagRag
I did not see any claim of a tune in the ad. Only floor mats and racing seatbelts. Other than those two items the interior is as available OEM stock ordered.
Why buy aftermarket "600HP" floor mats if you didn't have it tuned? Those mats and the seat belts make me suspect that all or most the 5,900 miles were done on the drag strip, track, or as a Jaguar factory Driving Experience demonstrator. Just saying "Buyer Beware"!

Old 04-03-2016, 06:18 PM
Received 70 Likes on 42 Posts

most of it... YES.

the mats, the 600 Hp stuff and the decals ,... not for me

Old 04-03-2016, 06:27 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,228 Likes on 788 Posts

Why buy aftermarket "600HP" floor mats if you didn't have it tuned? Those mats and the seat belts make me suspect that all or most the 5,900 miles were done on the drag strip, track, or as a Jaguar factory Driving Experience demonstrator. Just saying "Buyer Beware"!
People do crazy things with their cars. Now that I also own a new Corvette C7, I am quite surprised to see what some Corvette owners are doing to their beautiful stock Corvette's with crazy decals and crazy modifications.

The Jaguar seems to remain a purest automobile in the form when it came off the production line.

Old 04-03-2016, 06:42 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by richzak
People do crazy things with their cars. Now that I also own a new Corvette C7, I am quite surprised to see what some Corvette owners are doing to their beautiful stock Corvette's with crazy decals and crazy modifications.

The Jaguar seems to remain a purest automobile in the form when it came off the production line.
This xkrsGT is far from pure, 640hp, nice ,and then the xk, i love this kind of stuff, i like the xk color combo and wheels,

ZR Auto Give Rare Jaguar XKR-S GT RSR Trim And Performance Boost | Zero 2 Turbo

http://www.zero2turbo.com/2015/05/zr...nce-boost.html

Attached Thumbnails 2012 XKR-S on Ebay...tacky or cool?-jaguar-xk-rs-gt-zr-auto-rsr.jpg   2012 XKR-S on Ebay...tacky or cool?-white-xk.jpg  

Last edited by powerhouse; 04-03-2016 at 06:51 PM.
Old 04-03-2016, 08:21 PM
Veteran Member
Received 631 Likes on 409 Posts

Miami/Ft. Lauderdale is the land of posing, I wouldn't doubt one bit if the owner advertises something that isn't there. I know, you wouldn't think someone who can afford this expensive of a car would do that.

I was in Ft. Lauderdale for work a couple of years back, checking into my hotel, there was a brand new 2013 (or so) 7 series with an M7 badge on it, this for a $90k car. By the way, there is no such version. See it all the time, non-AMG cars with AMG badges, non M, non R with the badge. So a 600hp matt may or may not be real...

Old 04-04-2016, 05:18 AM
DGL
Veteran Member
Received 926 Likes on 607 Posts

To each his own. Whatever makes you happy... Jaguars depreciate like a rock in water and when modified like this car don't expect to get your money back. One mod that looks a little weird is the alcon rear brake calibers on the back with out the emergency brake part and stock calibers on the front. The calibers have been painted yellow which is a color I prefer over the red, but changing the calibers, seat belts and most likely flashing a tune spells hard miles. The car is way over priced. The XK model is a difficult sell at the best of times. An over priced, race modified XKR-S will need to find a very rare buyer. Most prudent buyers will not touch this Jaguar because it screams I've had a hard life. The seller has definitely modified the car into a very rare resale market.

Last edited by DGL; 04-04-2016 at 05:27 AM.
Old 04-04-2016, 08:34 AM
Received 57 Likes on 42 Posts

Get rid of the floor mats. Maybe some red floor mats with the leaper on them and those pads on the seatbelts and that car is awesome!

Old 04-04-2016, 11:03 AM
Received 333 Likes on 201 Posts

Cool looking car. Nicely done.

Old 04-04-2016, 11:17 AM
Veteran Member
Received 2,540 Likes on 1,411 Posts

Like DGL, whatever makes you happy. While not a great fan of white cars, I think this car looks hot. I would gladly swap out my "warm charcoal" interior for that red one any day of the week. And jumping to conclusions that a car that has a pulley and tune has been abused is utter nonsense. I have a pulley/tune combo and therefore somewhere around 600 hp, and I don't abuse my car. Yes, I go to the track twice or so per year, but it's not abuse.

Some of us want something a little different for our cars that makes it our own, so we customize it to our taste, sometimes more garish than others would have.
And while I am not crazy about the small emblem on the front bumper of that car, I put the same one on my rear trunk lid (which the 2010's did not have and the later models had such a large one I thought it too busy. I've also had drilled/slotted rotors fitted, painted my hood vents black, had the Mina front splitter and side skirts put on, as well as the F/X rear bumper/diffuser. I keep my cars forever so I'm not worried about resale value.

To each his own!

Attached Thumbnails 2012 XKR-S on Ebay...tacky or cool?-new-coupe-pics-1024x683-.jpg   2012 XKR-S on Ebay...tacky or cool?-new-coupe-pics-2-1024x683-.jpg   2012 XKR-S on Ebay...tacky or cool?-group-b-esses-speed-shots-cp4_2059-jan3015-photo_by_brian-1024x683-.jpg   2012 XKR-S on Ebay...tacky or cool?-new-coupe-pics-3-1024x683-.jpg  

Quick Reply: 2012 XKR-S on Ebay...tacky or cool?