XK / XKR ( X150 ) 2006 - 2014

ACM and iPhone 5

Old 11-22-2012, 09:04 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default ACM and iPhone 5

I have a 2007 XKR and I am thinking about an ACM. Has anyone used it with an iPhone 5? Does it work as expected and does it charge the phone?

Old 11-23-2012, 10:45 AM
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

yup, it works well. you have steering wheel controls and what seems to be a slow charge on the batter. To be honest, i am a very big fan of the ACM unit.

you will need a 30 pin to lightning converter. i recommend the long on as it works with cases.

Old 12-03-2012, 12:30 AM

Whats an ACM?

I have a '10 XK and an iPhone 4S. I'm happy enough with the connectivity to the car through the iphone/ipod interface cable that came with the car (aside from the fact that its half the length it should be!!) but it wont charge the phone.

#1 - Where can I get a longer cable so i can actually handle the phone while it is pulled into the car??
#2 - how can i have the same connectivity and have the phone charge at the same time?

Any thoughts??

Old 01-20-2013, 12:23 AM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Did you ever hear back? What's an ACM and can we get a longer cable that will charge? I have an iphone 5 so now I need one of those, too.

Old 01-20-2013, 10:16 AM
Received 34 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by Thebeachatnight
Did you ever hear back? What's an ACM and can we get a longer cable that will charge? I have an iphone 5 so now I need one of those, too.
You can get a 30-pin male to female dock extension cable on Amazon. It doesn't replace what's in the car. It's just an extension.

This is the one I got, and it works fine.

Amazon.com: 30-pin Male to Female Dock Extender for iPod and iPhone - Black Extension Cable (4 feet): MP3 Players & Accessories Amazon.com: 30-pin Male to Female Dock Extender for iPod and iPhone - Black Extension Cable (4 feet): MP3 Players & Accessories

Old 01-26-2013, 01:50 AM
Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

Scosche makes an inline adaptor that lets the original jaguar cable charge the phone. You can find it on their website.

Old 01-26-2013, 09:03 AM
Default Iphone 5 Adapter (longer and/or that charges)

Well - The amazon extension cable linked to here is no longer available. :-( Seems like it is just a simple extension so I could grab another kind then throw the lightening adapter on the end. It won't charge for me but at least i don't have to drive with my nose in the center console box.

The Scosche website when you narrow the search to Jag, it shows 2007 and 2008 as a year, with both of those stating they have no products for the car.

I'm still interested in an adapter that will charge and be long enough to keep the phone useful. Any other suggestions?

Old 01-26-2013, 08:57 PM

Well - The amazon extension cable linked to here is no longer available. :-( Seems like it is just a simple extension so I could grab another kind then throw the lightening adapter on the end. It won't charge for me but at least i don't have to drive with my nose in the center console box.

The Scosche website when you narrow the search to Jag, it shows 2007 and 2008 as a year, with both of those stating they have no products for the car.

I'm still interested in an adapter that will charge and be long enough to keep the phone useful. Any other suggestions?
The extension that I posted (that is no longer available) charges, and works with the iPhone5 adapter added to it. Surely it's not the only one.

Old 01-27-2013, 11:07 AM
Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

Google Scosche iPod Charging Adaptor. Apple changed the pinouts that do the charging on their cables a few years ago. This adaptor fixes that. I put on the end of the Jaguar cable, then put a two foot extension cable after that so the jaguar cable and this adaptor sit in the console and the extension cable runs up and I sit the phone in the ashtray. Good luck.

Old 01-27-2013, 05:57 PM
Received 493 Likes on 372 Posts

I just bought: 'Scosche passPORT Charging Adapter for iPod and iPhone (Black)' by Scosche
Amazon.com: Online Shopping for Electronics, Apparel, Computers, Books, DVDs & more

I tried the 30 pin to lightening adapter by itself but unlike Spidi's experience I didn't get any charge through it without the Scosche adapter. But the audio controls worked fine through the lightning adapter. Extensions are a dime a dozen off any web site, or you can just get an extension version of the 30-pin to lightening adapter.

I'm looking forward to someone posting a DIY on installing a mounting base directly through the ash tray. I did his in my Tiburon and it worked great! (Ash tray was retractable, which made for a retractable mounting dock right on the dash.)

Maybe I'll toy with it if I find the time.

*Update - the extension cable I had did not work. Unit won't recognize the iPhone is docked. Works fine without the extension. Maybe the cable is bad?

Last edited by Muddydog; 01-28-2013 at 05:57 PM.
Old 01-30-2013, 09:54 PM
Default Cable Extender (works with iPhone 5 too)

Found a great solution, CableJive DockExtender. Plugged it into my xk2011 and it worked perfect! Ordered it on Amazon.

Attached Thumbnails ACM and iPhone 5-dockxtenderimg_5910.jpg  
The following 2 users liked this post by Thebeachatnight:
aahmichael (01-31-2013), Muddydog (01-30-2013)
Old 02-01-2013, 03:26 AM

Found a great solution, CableJive DockExtender. Plugged it into my xk2011 and it worked perfect! Ordered it on Amazon.
Did you get the 2 ft. cable or the 6ft. cable?

Old 02-01-2013, 06:38 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

found a 3ft extension on amazon (do a search). This finally solves the issue of the factory cord being way too short.

Now I can get my head out of the console!

The extension charges my Iphone (4S).

Hope this helps.

Old 02-02-2013, 12:56 PM

Originally Posted by aahmichael
Did you get the 2 ft. cable or the 6ft. cable?
3' -plenty long but I am having no luck on the charging side. Not sure how they are making that work. Even using just the super cable and 30 to light adapter it doesn't change. From what I can read, there is something else that is being added/used to allow charging but everyone is a little to general in describing what they bought so I can't tell what to order (or the link is dead).

Old 02-02-2013, 05:31 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hi
This is what I did:.

Connected OEM Jag connector to this exact extender, and then into the Iphone 4S. Please note the original Jaguar cord has always recharged my Iphone.

Nothing has changed with regard to operations, just a longer cord.

Sorry I didn't post a hyperlink, but you can do a search on Amazon or cut and paste.

Dock Connector Extender Cable for Apple iPad iPhone iPod (Black)

Amazon.com: dock connector extender extension cable for apple ipad iphone ipod black

Old 04-21-2013, 02:58 AM

Originally Posted by Muddydog
I'm looking forward to someone posting a DIY on installing a mounting base directly through the ash tray. I did his in my Tiburon and it worked great! (Ash tray was retractable, which made for a retractable mounting dock right on the dash.)

Maybe I'll toy with it if I find the time.
Ever find anything on this or get around to 'toying' with the idea???
I'd love to see a mod like this!
The whole 'head in console' with the iphone is ridiculous! There has to be something better.
Let me know. Thanks

Old 04-27-2013, 11:27 PM

Still working in it. I spent 40 bucks on what I thought was an "extension" 30 pin to lightening adapter and it turned out to only be 6 inches long. That plus my scorche charging adapter doesn't come close to reaching the ash tray. So I have a little more looking around to do.

I can't find any other good mounting area. I don't want to drill anything that can't be undone. I'm still thinking a mount inside the ash tray would be the best.

I did find that the iphone5 with the most updated OS will allow me to operate pandora and control the playback selection fom the iPhone, so I'm happy about that.

Old 05-12-2013, 09:41 PM