XK / XKR ( X150 ) 2006 - 2014

Anyone know the name of this wheel?

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2013, 05:42 PM
Veteran Member
Received 261 Likes on 183 Posts
Default Anyone know the name of this wheel?

Haven't seen it before...

Attached Thumbnails Anyone know the name of this wheel?-wheel.jpg  
Old 12-26-2013, 07:21 PM
Veteran Member
Received 2,241 Likes on 1,410 Posts

They are 22", saw them on eBay and was intrigued. They look very nice. Listed as Black Cat lightweight racing wheels but I found nothing doing a google search.

Old 12-26-2013, 08:04 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,228 Likes on 788 Posts

Originally Posted by rscultho
Haven't seen it before...
The wheels that you have seen are currently mounted on a 2013 Jaguar XK for sale in Florida.

The wheels are described as.....

EXTREMELY LIMITED AVAILABITY MATTE FINISHED LIGHTWEIGHT COLOR CODED RACING WHEELS

BLACK CAT LIGHTWEIGHT RACING WHEEL PKG IN COOR CODED MATTE FINISH

Car is for sale at...........

Florida Auction Direct
2512 Southwest 30th Avenue
Hallandale, FL 33009
954-457-1000

Price: $79,500

Year: 2013
Make: Jaguar
Model: XK
Trim: XKR Portfolio Coupe

Hope this info helps......They are sold by a company called Team Dynamics.

Last edited by richzak; 12-26-2013 at 08:07 PM.
Old 12-26-2013, 09:15 PM
Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts

those wheels are from XO Luxury Wheels Barcelona style

The following 2 users liked this post by Guille:
jahummer (12-27-2013), rscultho (12-27-2013)
Old 12-26-2013, 09:43 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Guille
those wheels are from XO Luxury Wheels Barcelona style
It appears that Guille is correct, although the wheels on the car at the dealership is described as Black Cat lightweight wheels sold by Team Dynamics.

After seeing the actual wheel via a website......

XO Luxury Wheels - Barcelona

I have to agree......I am not sure why the dealer has them listed as Black Cat.

The XO is listed on ebay...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/20-BMW-E90-3...-/171030526207

Last edited by richzak; 12-26-2013 at 09:46 PM.
Old 12-27-2013, 08:41 AM
Veteran Member

Actually I think these are the Monaco wheel...the Barceona and the Monaco are very similar

XO Luxury Wheels - Monaco

Attached Thumbnails Anyone know the name of this wheel?-monaco.png  
Old 12-27-2013, 11:13 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by rscultho
Actually I think these are the Monaco wheel...the Barceona and the Monaco are very similar

XO Luxury Wheels - Monaco
In my quest to find an aftermarket wheel for my 2009 Jaguar XKR w Alcon 6 piston brake calipers, I have noticed so many wheels that are identical. Case in point...

Braelin Alloy Wheel Bro2 from FastCo in Canada vs Ace Alloy Convex Wheel. I am sure these wheels are produced in Asia in the same plant then sold under different brand names. Can you tell any difference apart from each other?

Attached Thumbnails Anyone know the name of this wheel?-braelin-alloy-wheel-br02s800.png   Anyone know the name of this wheel?-ace-alloy-convex-wheel.jpg  
Old 12-27-2013, 12:42 PM
Veteran Member
Received 492 Likes on 310 Posts

Those look completely identical to me other then the lighting and angle. One thing I learned in my 3 month long wheel fiasco is that many of these companies are nothing more than glorified marketing companies sharing wheel designs and renting time on machinery to manufacture "custom" wheels. Do some serious research into the company before buying wheels, as finding wheels to fit these cars correctly is a challenge.

Old 12-27-2013, 01:02 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by MaximA
Those look completely identical to me other then the lighting and angle. One thing I learned in my 3 month long wheel fiasco is that many of these companies are nothing more than glorified marketing companies sharing wheel designs and renting time on machinery to manufacture "custom" wheels. Do some serious research into the company before buying wheels, as finding wheels to fit these cars correctly is a challenge.
I have spent the last 2 1/2 months researching, checking with dealers, reviewing websites, ordered 1 set (Coventry Whitley 20") to only return them as they did not have proper fitment. It's been a nightmare.

You are correct as I have found out, the wheel designs are shared by the manufacturer to so many companies that want to place their own brand name on the wheels. Almost all of them are coming out of Asian manufacturing plants. Some of the aftermarket wheels are considered "custom" fit as they are sent blank wheels then the bolt patterns are drilled out.

So far, NO ONE has been able to supply me with an aftermarket wheel under the $400 to $450 price range to fit my 2009 Jaguar XKR 20" wheel w Alcon brake calipers. I even wrote to Jaguar USA who failed to supply any information, except to say "contact your local Jaguar dealer" which in my opinion..... they know nothing about aftermarket wheels and could care less even discussing them with you.

It's quite frustrating.

My search continues.................

Old 12-27-2013, 03:58 PM
Veteran Member

I understand your frustration. Ive experienced this myself, which led me to get my factory wheels painted.

Originally Posted by richzak
I have spent the last 2 1/2 months researching, checking with dealers, reviewing websites, ordered 1 set (Coventry Whitley 20") to only return them as they did not have proper fitment. It's been a nightmare.

You are correct as I have found out, the wheel designs are shared by the manufacturer to so many companies that want to place their own brand name on the wheels. Almost all of them are coming out of Asian manufacturing plants. Some of the aftermarket wheels are considered "custom" fit as they are sent blank wheels then the bolt patterns are drilled out.

So far, NO ONE has been able to supply me with an aftermarket wheel under the $400 to $450 price range to fit my 2009 Jaguar XKR 20" wheel w Alcon brake calipers. I even wrote to Jaguar USA who failed to supply any information, except to say "contact your local Jaguar dealer" which in my opinion..... they know nothing about aftermarket wheels and could care less even discussing them with you.

It's quite frustrating.

Old 01-13-2014, 03:26 PM
Received 57 Likes on 36 Posts

Check out Savini wheels. They did a good job of custom drilling and shaving my wheels. They may be able to provide you with offset and spec information for our XFs. Note, I'm running staggered 22s.

Attached Thumbnails Anyone know the name of this wheel?-16076266_large.jpeg   Anyone know the name of this wheel?-16076268_large.jpeg   Anyone know the name of this wheel?-16077136_large.jpeg  
Old 01-13-2014, 03:31 PM
Received 57 Likes on 36 Posts

Just noticed ya'll are talking about XKs...lol, Savini may still be able to provide some offset and spec info for the XK.

Old 01-13-2014, 08:50 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

It's quite frustrating.

I had a similar experience with JagUSA when I tried to get the 08 XKRs. They told me it was proprietary!! I am not kidding. After several pointed questions to the rep, I could tell I would be getting nowhere with her. I emailed JagUK and within 24 hours got my answer. Might want to give that a shot.

Old 01-13-2014, 08:51 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

It's quite frustrating.

I had a similar experience with JagUSA when I tried to get the 08 production numbers for XKRs. They told me it was proprietary!! I am not kidding. After several pointed questions to the rep, I could tell I would be getting nowhere with her. I emailed JagUK and within 24 hours got my answer. Might want to give that a shot.