Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Car hauler

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2017, 04:31 AM
Received 40 Likes on 25 Posts
Default Car hauler

Good day everyone,

I am a long time member of the x100 page and within two weeks will be picking up a pristine 07 XKR. I need to get the car home but winter is still in my area and driving it back on summer tires would be foolish. I have quotes for shipping it coming in and was going to rent a uhaul car hauler to just do it myself. Unfortunately the uhaul website does not say that it will go on a hauler. Online help was stymied as well. Has anyone here done this?
Looking for options.
I know a pic is required as well....

Attached Thumbnails Car hauler-screenshot_20170203-183631.png  
Old 02-24-2017, 07:06 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,836 Likes on 1,231 Posts

Congratulations on your move up. How long is the drive from where the car is to your home. Depending on this would determine how I would transport the car. Also considering winter I would tend to consider a professional carrier who is insured and has a good reputation. If you do transport it yourself usually all of the rental trailers or trucks can handle these cars without any problems. So it would depend on whether you will be trailering it or on a flatbed. Just make sure you are covered in case there is a problem. In the US I know of and used 2 transport services who I believe are the best. They are "Intercity Transports and Reliable Transport". If you watch some of the Automobile shows these are the ones used . Good luck.

Old 02-24-2017, 10:38 AM
Veteran Member
Received 5,160 Likes on 3,090 Posts

Maybe hold your phone in Landscape for screen shots when the actual photo is in (sort of) landscape? That would avoid wasting 75% of the picture being BLACK.

I second the thought of using a licensed, bonded carrier. Any damage would be covered.
However, there is no reason that your 2007 would not fit on a UHaul carrier. Since the Jaguars are Specialty Cars, they are ignored when people set up parameters. Check the wheelbase and length. There should be no problem. Of course, an **** UHaul dispatcher MAY refuse to rent you a carrier because it isn't an "Authorized" vehicle.
It's all hooey. If it comes to it, tell them you'll be hauling a Buick Regal or something inane like that.

Old 02-24-2017, 11:07 AM

Sorry about the pics they were off the website for the car. The car is insured and covered for damage on a trailer. car carriers want around 1100 for what would be a 3 1/2 hour tow. over 2000 for covered transport ( no thanks).
Going to haul the beast home myself. I now have access to a aluminium car hauler.
Keeping my 2000 XK8 convert as well Jagtoes. Love that car.

The following users liked this post:
Cee Jay (02-24-2017)
Old 02-26-2017, 01:33 PM
Veteran Member
Received 491 Likes on 215 Posts

No problem loading that fine vehicle on a UHaul trailer. You might need a couple of 2x8's to lessen the ramp angle, but otherwise it'll be OK. For what its worth, I just sent a 300zx twin turbo in a single vehicle enclosed trailer from Daytona Beach to Upstate NY for less than $900. That is a 20 hour ride. Somethings wrong if they want to charge you $1100 for a 3.5 hour trip. For that kind of money you could buy four winter tires; wait for a stretch of good weather and drive it back yourself. ;-)

Old 02-26-2017, 04:09 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,183 Likes on 895 Posts
Old 02-27-2017, 04:51 AM

I put it to a bidding site and one came in at $ 400. So it is a done deal. Will be on a flatbed so it will remain relatively clean. Now the wait for the snow to melt and the rain to get rid of any salt.