XK / XKR ( X150 ) 2006 - 2014
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Cigar lighter and Aux power outlet stopped working?

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2013, 03:11 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cigar lighter and Aux power outlet stopped working?

Hi guys, has anyone else experienced this? I have a 2008 XKR Coupe, and both have stopped working...but the fuses seem in tact?

Is this a "take it to the dealer" problem? Or something that can be fixed?

Thanks all, I'm new here, and the only issues I've had otherwise was the infamous A/C passenger footwell drip which was fixed at the dealer!

Old 05-10-2013, 03:25 PM
Veteran Member
Received 482 Likes on 403 Posts

Welcome! I would start by checking the fusebox. If you look in your owners manual, there should be a diagram telling you which fusebox to look in and which fuse to check.

Old 05-10-2013, 03:30 PM
Received 6,250 Likes on 5,450 Posts

Welcome to the forum Jester13,

Please post an intro in the new members section when you have time.

Old 05-10-2013, 09:37 PM
Received 97 Likes on 78 Posts

I'm no expert, but it does not seem to be as simple as a single fuse being out. Looking at the 2007 schematic (ancillaries page)it seems the power originates at the battery junction box in the trunk.

It then travels to the Central Junction BOX to the ignition relay and then thru that relay to the Socket Accessory, front power.

All relays need a gnd to pull in and that relay gets its gnd from and item in the Central Junction Box with the ref designator F-18.

The Cigar Lighter Front is a bit different. The power comes from the Battery Junctio Box and flows thru the Central Junction Box and from there to the Power Distributon Box and a relay inside it called the Cigar Lighter Relay. Then thru the cigar lighter rely on to the cigar lighter front itself. Once again this relay also needs a gnd and this gnd comes from the item F-18 I just mentioned above.

So since both don't work, try this..............go to the Socket accessory Rear and see it that one works or not. That would give us a clue. It also gets it's power from the Batt Junction Box, but from a different fuse in that junction box vs the cigar power source.

F-18 seems to be some digital device that I don't know anything about at the moments. Looking for clues as mentioned above.

Then again it could just be the two fuses............FR POWERPOINT POWER in the Central Junction Box and the ATO fuse in the Power Distribution Box. Hard to believe both are blown imho.

And you might check the fuses in the Batt Junction Box, which seems unlikely to me. Very unlikely to me. Sorry, I can't seem to be able to attach the schematics. Well, maybe I have attached them. They are both from the same page. The second one is the top half of the page and the one on the left is the bottom half of that same page. Best of luck.

I did get the drift that you'd already checked the fuses. If you didn't, then take a look.

Attached Thumbnails Cigar lighter and Aux power outlet stopped working?-cigar.jpg   Cigar lighter and Aux power outlet stopped working?-socket-front.jpg  

Last edited by Hailers; 05-10-2013 at 10:27 PM.
Old 05-11-2013, 10:08 AM

Originally Posted by Hailers
I'm no expert, but it does not seem to be as simple as a single fuse being out. Looking at the 2007 schematic (ancillaries page)it seems the power originates at the battery junction box in the trunk.

It then travels to the Central Junction BOX to the ignition relay and then thru that relay to the Socket Accessory, front power.

All relays need a gnd to pull in and that relay gets its gnd from and item in the Central Junction Box with the ref designator F-18.

The Cigar Lighter Front is a bit different. The power comes from the Battery Junctio Box and flows thru the Central Junction Box and from there to the Power Distributon Box and a relay inside it called the Cigar Lighter Relay. Then thru the cigar lighter rely on to the cigar lighter front itself. Once again this relay also needs a gnd and this gnd comes from the item F-18 I just mentioned above.

So since both don't work, try this..............go to the Socket accessory Rear and see it that one works or not. That would give us a clue. It also gets it's power from the Batt Junction Box, but from a different fuse in that junction box vs the cigar power source.

F-18 seems to be some digital device that I don't know anything about at the moments. Looking for clues as mentioned above.

Then again it could just be the two fuses............FR POWERPOINT POWER in the Central Junction Box and the ATO fuse in the Power Distribution Box. Hard to believe both are blown imho.

And you might check the fuses in the Batt Junction Box, which seems unlikely to me. Very unlikely to me. Sorry, I can't seem to be able to attach the schematics. Well, maybe I have attached them. They are both from the same page. The second one is the top half of the page and the one on the left is the bottom half of that same page. Best of luck.

I did get the drift that you'd already checked the fuses. If you didn't, then take a look.
Hi, the fuses are definitely still fine, but I don't have a rear aux power socket to test? I'm not terribly technical, so it seems like a dealer thing to fix?

Thanks for the replies!

Old 05-11-2013, 12:04 PM

About the rear socket. I ASSUMED there actually was one and that somehow I had never noticed it. So I went out just now to look at my 2007 XK and.......nope. Not to be found in the back seat area or the rear hatch area. That one is a mystery to me.

If it were me I'd find either of those two relays and pull it and see if there is power at one of the relay sockets. You probably don't have a meter to do that so that's out. Frankly I don't know the exact location of either and don't plan to look for 'em. I'm a bit on the lazy side.

Maybe someone else can pipe in and give us a clue?

Old 05-11-2013, 12:19 PM

Jaguar does have DTC's for your problem. You'd probably need a dedicated Jaguar scanner to download those codes. See the attachment. On the far left is the DTC and as you can see it has some info for you if you have a DTC like those but, this isn't of much help to you.

Attached Thumbnails Cigar lighter and Aux power outlet stopped working?-cigartwo.jpg  
Old 05-12-2013, 09:24 AM

Originally Posted by Hailers
Jaguar does have DTC's for your problem. You'd probably need a dedicated Jaguar scanner to download those codes. See the attachment. On the far left is the DTC and as you can see it has some info for you if you have a DTC like those but, this isn't of much help to you.
Yeah, haha, that doesnt really help me! Thanks so much for the replies, Hailers! So far it looks like it has to go to the dealer to fix - or else I can just live with it!