XK / XKR ( X150 ) 2006 - 2014

Clairification:What did & did not come with my XK?

Old 01-16-2012, 01:27 PM
Veteran Member
Received 874 Likes on 633 Posts
Default Clairification:What did & did not come with my XK?

Yet another question(s) from a new '07 owner.

Been reading the forum like mad (Snowing outside and little else to do but that or clean house!)

Please look at the following printout of the car I purchased:
http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7033/6...7aefb8c1_o.jpg

Can anyone offer thoughts or clarification to some of the following terms seen on the list:

1. "Less Electric windshield defrost"? What is that option? Mine has bot front and rear defrost buttons so I'm puzzled.
  2. "Supersport Suspension" Was this an actual option or just a sales gimmick? What exactly is it?
  3. "Marketing Level 1". Ideas?
  4. "Less Voice Activated Controls"? I read that many have had VAC disabled by Jag, but it apears my car never had it installed? Question 4a) Can it be installed?
  5. "Satellite Digital Audio Prep"? I have no Sat option on my head-unit. Does this mean the cables are there but nothing installed? Or did the prior owner remove the sat receiver?
  6. "Less warning display"? Stumped... Whats that mean?
I'll take any clues or ideas you may have on one or all of those areas. I simply find the printout curious.

As always, your willingness to help is appreciated beyond measure.

Keep it shiny side up!
Vince

Old 01-16-2012, 02:55 PM
Veteran Member
Received 325 Likes on 201 Posts

To break the boredom until someone more familiar chimes in...
1. I suspect refers to electric windshield defroster elements built into glass. If they are there you will see them only open close examination. It was a separate option, at least for 2010 XKR's.
2. Guess only...There's an electronic suspension called C.A.T.S. which changes the dampers valving to adjust for driving conditions...non-adjustable may be called "sport".

Bruce

Old 01-16-2012, 07:27 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Bruce H.
To break the boredom until someone more familiar chimes in...
1. I suspect refers to electric windshield defroster elements built into glass. If they are there you will see them only open close examination. It was a separate option, at least for 2010 XKR's.
2. Guess only...There's an electronic suspension called C.A.T.S. which changes the dampers valving to adjust for driving conditions...non-adjustable may be called "sport".

Bruce
Appreciate the time Bruce.

On item 2, I have wires and electrical connectors on top the shock towers up front, so I made the assumption they are electronically controlled. Might be there for some other reason I cant think of.

V

Old 01-16-2012, 09:37 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by CleverName
Appreciate the time Bruce.

On item 2, I have wires and electrical connectors on top the shock towers up front, so I made the assumption they are electronically controlled. Might be there for some other reason I cant think of.

V
Sounds promising...but others will know more about your series XK. Hopefully they'll chime in soon before you hurt yourself cleaning!

Old 01-18-2012, 10:51 AM
Veteran Member

No one but Bruce!

Wow.... not feeling the love from the Jag crew on this one.... (sniff)

I figured many would have answers or at least educated guesses to this within hours, not days....

What I really find interesting is just how many dead ends I have hit doing broad searchs on the net for this info as well.

Just ordered an '07 sales brochure and press release packet off ebay that may give me a clue or two. Might need the training manual as well.... time will tell.

Vince

Old 01-18-2012, 01:45 PM
Received 136 Likes on 64 Posts

Vince,

When I purchased my 2008 XK I was fortunate in that the service adviser at the dealership ran, for my records, a Vehicle Inquiry Report.

He indicated that he was " coloring outside of the lines" by giving this to me. So, in a joking manner he brushed it off of his desk and suggested I pick it up without him looking.

That aside, this report is close to your cars birth certificate as it will answer all of your questions. My recommendation is to "befriend" your local service manager or adviser and see if he might afford you the same courtesy.

Good luck...

Dave

Old 01-18-2012, 01:56 PM
Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts

where did you get that printout?

When I bought mine I contacted Jaguar USA via their website and sent my vin.. they in return sent a build sheet via email.

Sounds to me like the car has the option for SAT radio but was not installed at the factory.. the only way to get it from the factory was with the Alpine 500W high end radio, they offered two versions one with SAT and one without.. sounds like your car came with the high end radio but without the SAT.

Old 01-18-2012, 02:29 PM
Veteran Member
Received 256 Likes on 218 Posts

My Jag Serv Advisor (SA) ran a build sheet on my car and it showed I had headlight washers. I never knew. Had to read the manual to see how they work.

But get this. The SA turned up that the car is a Select Edition car. The previous owner paid for this up grade in coverage and it carries me out till Aug 2013. The Benz dealer I bought the car from had no idea and they have agreed to refund the cost of the Serv Agm't I bought from them. I'm just so happy I could sh-----!

Old 01-18-2012, 06:47 PM
Received 45 Likes on 37 Posts

Very nice!!!

Old 01-18-2012, 07:24 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by kthrash
where did you get that printout?
I was on the Jag USA site and followed a like to literature (TOPIx?)
They had downloadable owners manuals and such for no charge. Somewhere there was a place to input the VIN and it presented me the printout. Didn't send it via email, just displayed it as a web page, so I print screened it....
Originally Posted by kthrash
they offered two versions one with SAT and one without.. sounds like your car came with the high end radio but without the SAT.
Sounds feasible. In '07 I think you still had a choice of XM or SERIUS(sp?) They could have left that to the dealer to install per customer choice?

tarhealcracker: Very nice find to be sure....

Still a very confusing printout that has created more questions than answers
V

Old 01-25-2012, 05:38 PM
Received 46 Likes on 31 Posts

I was looking at my option sheet and it shows SAT Radio and Jaguar Premium Surround Sound System as being two seperate options. The Supersports CATS systems looks to be standard on all of them. But mine doesn't really show what came along with the Luxury Package that my car has. All I do know is my boot and bonnet are British Racing Green and my hood is Beige. LOL

Old 01-26-2012, 12:05 AM
Veteran Member

Well, I'm still open to corrections, but I think we have figured a few of these out.
Item 1.) Less Electric windshield defrost, still has me curious, unless someone here can tell em they see wires imbedded in the front glass, which would kinda freak me out as Ive never heard of it done like that till now
Item 2,) Supersport Suspension as a "standard item"? Could be but why list it? Was The C.A.T.S optional? Maybe that is what it referances?
Item 3.) Marketing Level 1 I found a 2002 printout somewhere from Jag showing ML1 as a car built for the US market (Left Hand Drive and such)? Probably means the same thing for a 2007.
Item 4.) Less Voice Activated Controls Found several threads complaining about the poor quality of the VAC, and other threads complaining about the fact the Jag dealerships were disabling them by order of the head office. I guess enough owners demanded to get it reactivated so Jag will upon request. Still.... the printout says I probably don't even have the module installed to worry about it. Wish there was a DIY for installing one just so i could see how bad it really is...
Item 5.) Satellite Digital Audio Prep. I think we nailed that one down. Might need the sat installed some day... nice to know it shouldn't be hard.
Item 6.) Less warning display I think I found this as well, No triangle in the trunk... Maybe? (Just ordered on by the way)
Thanks everyone for tossin out the ideas. If you see anything here you know is absolutely wrong, please lets hear it!

Keep it shiny side up!
Vince

Old 01-26-2012, 06:48 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Bruce H.
Bruce
If your car is equipped with them you really will see them if you look closely. The '09 I tested had them and so does my '10. I didn't notice them until they were pointed out to me, and now they're easy to see since I know what I'm looking for.

Bruce

The following users liked this post:
CleverName (01-26-2012)
Old 01-26-2012, 07:42 AM
Received 46 Likes on 31 Posts

For those interested, go on TOPIX and create an account. Once you do that and enter your VIN, it will tell you all the stuff about the car. The only problem is that when I did mine, it didn't tell anything.

Old 01-26-2012, 09:42 AM
Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

in the uk cats was a option for the first few months ,it became standard fitting late 06 .thats where you get the super sport from.

i don't think -07 xk's had any voice control even as a option ,i'll check the wiring and get back to you

yes front windows are the same as the rear with wires in the glass ,just look close (not when driving)

Old 01-26-2012, 10:29 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by davewhitt
i don't think -07 xk's had any voice control even as a option ,i'll check the wiring and get back to you
Thanks,
Would be appreciated.

Kinda funny story with my older Lexus: Could not command it to set temps to 70 degrees... no matter how you said it... "seventy" Seven-Tea" "Seven zero" degrees.... I always got "Setting temperature to 78 degrees" ..........ARRRRGGGGGG!

One day I was on the road in a distant state and wanted to stop and clean the headstone of a relative but could not remember where the cemetery was. I asked the nav hoping for a Point Of Interest..."Cemetery"
Car responded with "Setting temperature to 70 degrees"
YES! I now had my code word for temp control!

Peace
Vince

Old 01-26-2012, 11:44 AM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Thanks,
Would be appreciated.

Kinda funny story with my older Lexus: Could not command it to set temps to 70 degrees... no matter how you said it... "seventy" Seven-Tea" "Seven zero" degrees.... I always got "Setting temperature to 78 degrees" ..........ARRRRGGGGGG!

One day I was on the road in a distant state and wanted to stop and clean the headstone of a relative but could not remember where the cemetery was. I asked the nav hoping for a Point Of Interest..."Cemetery"
Car responded with "Setting temperature to 70 degrees"
YES! I now had my code word for temp control!

Peace
Vince

Last edited by GrahamS; 01-26-2012 at 11:48 AM.
Old 01-26-2012, 01:51 PM
Received 57 Likes on 40 Posts

Well, I'm still open to corrections, but I think we have figured a few of these out.
Item 1.) Less Electric windshield defrost, still has me curious, unless someone here can tell em they see wires imbedded in the front glass, which would kinda freak me out as Ive never heard of it done like that till now
Item 2,) Supersport Suspension as a "standard item"? Could be but why list it? Was The C.A.T.S optional? Maybe that is what it referances?
Item 3.) Marketing Level 1 I found a 2002 printout somewhere from Jag showing ML1 as a car built for the US market (Left Hand Drive and such)? Probably means the same thing for a 2007.
Item 4.) Less Voice Activated Controls Found several threads complaining about the poor quality of the VAC, and other threads complaining about the fact the Jag dealerships were disabling them by order of the head office. I guess enough owners demanded to get it reactivated so Jag will upon request. Still.... the printout says I probably don't even have the module installed to worry about it. Wish there was a DIY for installing one just so i could see how bad it really is...
Item 5.) Satellite Digital Audio Prep. I think we nailed that one down. Might need the sat installed some day... nice to know it shouldn't be hard.
Item 6.) Less warning display I think I found this as well, No triangle in the trunk... Maybe? (Just ordered on by the way)
Thanks everyone for tossin out the ideas. If you see anything here you know is absolutely wrong, please lets hear it!

Keep it shiny side up!
Vince
my 07 xk has the wire in the front scrreen,

Old 01-26-2012, 04:33 PM
Veteran Member
Received 256 Likes on 218 Posts

What about tire sizes? Recently I've been researching a new set of tires. My car came with 245/45ZR18s on the front and 275/40ZR18s on the rear. That's what's on the car and that's what's on the door sticker.

However, all the tire company data bases show my car as having 255/40ZR18s standard on the rear. Makes me wonder what's up.

Old 01-26-2012, 05:36 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by tarhealcracker
However, all the tire company data bases show my car as having 255/40ZR18s standard on the rear.
What tire company are you seeing that at?
Tire rack only shows me 19" and 20"...
I want 18" rims but cant find specs for them!

I understand the "Luxury Option" on my car upgraded my rims to the 10 spoke 19" as part of the package.

Search this Thread