XK / XKR ( X150 ) 2006 - 2014
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Continental Extended Warranty

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2012, 07:51 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Continental Extended Warranty

Just checked with 3 different Jaguar dealers and all of them sell Continental Extended Warranties. The Ultra plan would give me
7 (from inservice)/ 85,000 total miles for $3100

The Select Edition is
6 (from inservice/100,000 total miles for $2900

Looking thru both companies lists of exclusions they are very similar and cover all the major concerns(drivetrain & electronics)

Given it seems widely accepted at Jaguar dealerships it seems to be a good $$$ option to go with Continental.

Does anyone have experience with them?

Old 08-30-2012, 08:47 PM
Veteran Member
Received 6,141 Likes on 3,384 Posts

Google "complaints continental warranty" then read what customers have to say. Buyer Beware!

Old 08-31-2012, 04:23 AM

Read thru some of them, but difficult to make a determination from that not knowing how many policies are sold. In addition, there are complaints against OEM warranties as well. I was just looking for any experience from people on here. I do appreciate any help and comments! Thanks

Old 08-31-2012, 06:41 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,197 Likes on 931 Posts

Ask your mechanic which warranties they are fans of.

Old 08-31-2012, 09:57 AM
Received 208 Likes on 151 Posts

Originally Posted by chakka
Just checked with 3 different Jaguar dealers and all of them sell Continental Extended Warranties. The Ultra plan would give me
7 (from inservice)/ 85,000 total miles for $3100

The Select Edition is
6 (from inservice/100,000 total miles for $2900

Looking thru both companies lists of exclusions they are very similar and cover all the major concerns(drivetrain & electronics)

Given it seems widely accepted at Jaguar dealerships it seems to be a good $$$ option to go with Continental.

Does anyone have experience with them?
So.....

Here are my thoughts from the other side.
Select Edition is a very good extended warranty and Continental Ultra Care is one of the better aftermarket warranties. The biggest difference between the two is the car condition at purchase. The Select cars MUST go through the checklist and have work done to be presented as a Select car. We have done a couple Land rovers here lately that were certified and I personally know that they are better off for it. The Continental side is that the car can be some clapped out POS off the street that you just paid for an extended warranty. Another thing to consider is that Continental will pull the old "it is past its dollar amount for warrantable repairs" I've seen it happen to freelanders.

EVERY Jag dealer accepts it whereas Continental may not be accepted or the particular dealer does not want to deal with the reimbursement issues and calling in the claim, etc...

In my opinion, get the Select Edition. Make sure you see a legitimate checklist that was actually filled out by the tech looking the car over.

good luck choosing.

Old 08-31-2012, 12:38 PM

Mark-Thanks for sharing your experience with me on this. The car I was looking at has gone thru the checklist for Select Edition(they sent me a copy) so they are pushing that warranty because it's ready to be certified. That was a big positive knowing it is up their spec's. In fact a friend just bought a car from an independent dealer who sent it to the local Jaguar dealership and paid for the inspection to bring it up to select edition spec's before he bought it as a peace of mind.

I did check with our local dealership in Annapolis and they have been working with and selling Contintental warranties for several years so that avenue is covered. Looking thru their contract and exclusions from my friends warranty I see no difference except it gives
3 years additional instead of 2 years additional(SE) for the same price.

Any input is greatly appreciated, Thanks!
Mark

BTW : Which dealership do you work at?

Old 08-31-2012, 01:13 PM
Received 208 Likes on 151 Posts

I'm currently at Land Rover Wilmington. I have worked at Union Park Jaguar and Jaguar West Chester. I know a couple people that worked at Annapolis back in the day. If I were closer to there, I would stop in for a chat with them. I miss Jags.